Romney Watch: New Frontiers of Falsehood

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: Romney Watch: New Frontiers of Falsehood

Post by Dardedar »

"Ryan: ‘I just don’t understand’ what ‘horses and bayonets’ means"

"Appearing on CBS the next morning, Ryan told host Norah O’Donnell that he couldn’t make sense out of the “horses and bayonets” line.

“To compare modern American battleships with bayonets, I just don’t understand that comparison,” the Wisconsin Republican said. “Look, we have to have a strong Navy to keep peace and prosperity. If all these defense cuts go through, our Navy will be smaller than it was before World War I,” Ryan continued. “That’s not acceptable. And, yes, the ocean hasn’t shrunk.”

In an interview on ABC, Vice President Joe Biden explained to host George Stephanopoulos that the president had told “the truth—that one aircraft carrier is probably more powerful than the entire United States Navy was back then” in 1917.

“Our Navy is superior to every other navy in the world combined,” the vice president pointed out. “In one aircraft carrier, we have more air power than almost every nation in the world has in their air force.”

RAW Story
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Regarding Solyndra

Anyone who passes along the entirely bogus talking point "Solyndra" is necessarily clueless. There are no known exceptions to this rule in my experience. It's a fake media invention. Media Matters has an excellent unpack of the whole situation here:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/0 ... one/189786

See the chart at the top and who manufactured it with media hype (FOX).

Excerpts:

"In the media's discussion of Solyndra, less than 1 percent of TV coverage and 4 percent of print coverage explained that Congress expected that not all projects would succeed. None of the major outlets explained that most loans went to low-risk generation projects. Congress budgeted $2.47 billion, or more than 15 percent of the total value of approved 1705 loan guarantees, to cover for defaults. To date, only three out of the 26 recipients of 1705 loan guarantees have filed for bankruptcy, with losses estimated at just over $600 million. All three of the defaults were higher risk loans. But a Bloomberg Government study found that "87 percent of the $16.1 billion in loan guarantees is backing 18 power generation projects, which have a low risk of default because they were required to have buyers for their power output." That study found that even if all of the higher risk (non-generation) projects defaulted on the full amount of their loan guarantees and "no assets were to be recovered, the DOE would still have $446 million remaining to cover additional project losses."

[...]

"Not a single media outlet mentioned that Solyndra attracted more than $1 billion in private capital and was seen by many as a promising, innovative company. And only 3 percent of TV coverage and less than one percent of print coverage mentioned that the loan process for Solyndra started under the Bush administration."

[...]

"A Long Investigation Turned Up No Evidence Of Wrongdoing. Bloomberg Businessweek's Joshua Green reported that an extensive investigation by House Republicans found no evidence of wrongdoing in the loan guarantee program. He also noted that Solyndra was seen by many business experts as promising:"

"Bush Admin. Advanced 16 Projects, Including Solyndra, Out Of 143 Submissions."

[...]

To see no end of the successes in this program, all one needs to do is go here and see them listed, by category:

http://loanprograms.energy.gov/
Cherryj
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Cherryj »

Darrel wrote:Image
The GOP believes in government so small, it could fit in your uterus
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Team Rape Lost Big Last Night

"Well, well, well, America. You're so much less awful than I thought. With horror stories of suppression and fuckery being whispered from Ohio to Florida, many nervous Obama voters braced for the worst yesterday, only to be rewarded with what basically amounts to the election equivalent of the pony they thought Santa would never bring them. And while the President, marriage equality and marijuana legalization fared well, no one fared worse than the group of nutty candidates we've affectionately come to know as Team Rape. Let's take a look at just how badly the rape cookie crumbled.

There were the obvious big losses — Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin lost in Missouri and Richard "Rape Pregnancy is a Gift from God" Mourdock got his Tea Party ass handed to him in Indiana, but even the politicians who don't bat cleanup on Team Rape didn't do so great yesterday."

The list: http://jezebel.com/5958480/team-rape-lo ... socialflow
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Love this...