Forum Suggestion Box

If it belongs nowhere else, it belongs here!
Hogeye
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Forum Suggestion Box

Post by Hogeye »

Suggestions:

1) There needs to be a link on each forum page that jumps back to the main FayFreethinker home page. E.g. Put a link on the title at the top of each forum page ("fayfreethinkers.com Promoting Freethinking in NW Arkansas").

2) Put a forum link in the (left hand panel) menu on the site pages, so people can jump to the forum when they get the inspiration.

Thanks for putting up this forum. This is the first real forum in Fayetteville. This forum alone could make FayFreethinkers famous (or infamous, I'm not sure.)
"May the the last king be strangled in the guts of the last priest." - Diderot
With every drop of my blood I hate and execrate every form of tyranny, every form of slavery. I hate dictation. I love liberty. - Ingersoll
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: Forum Suggestion Box

Post by Savonarola »

Hogeye wrote:1) There needs to be a link on each forum page that jumps back to the main FayFreethinker home page. E.g. Put a link on the title at the top of each forum page ("fayfreethinkers.com Promoting Freethinking in NW Arkansas").
I tried this earlier but couldn't get it to work with the phpBB2 template. However, since "fayfreethinkers.com" is right there, one can copy and paste it into their web browser's address bar.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to revisit this idea this weekend or early next week.
Hogeye wrote:Put a forum link in the (left hand panel) menu on the site pages, so people can jump to the forum when they get the inspiration.
This was such a good idea that I quickly slapped up a link on the home page's menu. Unfortunately, doing so only reminded me that I need to rework all the menus, so not every page has the link at this time. Once I get the menus fixed up, a link to the forums will exist on every page.
Hogeye
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Hogeye »

Wow! You are good! The forum was on the menu almost immediately after I wrote the message.

As for the link from forum to main pg: Did you look at changing the link on the PHPBB logo?
"May the the last king be strangled in the guts of the last priest." - Diderot
With every drop of my blood I hate and execrate every form of tyranny, every form of slavery. I hate dictation. I love liberty. - Ingersoll
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

Hogeye wrote:As for the link from forum to main pg: Did you look at changing the link on the PHPBB logo?
Much of this board is controlled by the SQL database via php coding, neither of which I understand very well. I'm mostly limited to simply altering the phpBB2 template settings.

If you know anybody with php coding skills who might volunteer to help out, feel free to send him or her this direction.