Frisco Trail Ribbon Cutting

If it belongs nowhere else, it belongs here!
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

The final section of the Frisco Trail from Maple Street to Spring Street is now complete, and a ribbon cutting will be held Wednesday, October 20th at 5:30 p.m. to celebrate this achievement.

This important section of trail closes the gap between Frisco Trail and Scull Creek Trail, creating a continuous 7.6 mile trail from Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. to Old Missouri Road. Steep terrain and tight working space has made this section of trail one of the most challenging to construct, and now that it is complete, over 500 people are already using it daily.

The trail was skillfully constructed by the city’s in-house trails construction crew through the transportation Division. The event will feature music by Dan Dean and apple cider will be provided by the management of Maple Street Apartments.

The event will also celebrate three significant bicycle friendly awards given by the League of American Bicyclists.

In September, Fayetteville received a bronze designation as a Bicycle Friendly Community. The City of Fayetteville received bronze designation as a Bicycle-Friendly Business, and Bike City Recyclery received silver designation as a Bicycle-Friendly Business.

Walking and biking to the event is encouraged, but free event parking will be provided at the corner of Maple and West Streets at Maple Street Apartments. Signs will be posted to direct people to the ribbon cutting location along the trail just north of Lafayette Street.
Frisco Trail ribbon cutting

When: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday

Where: On Frisco Trail Between Maple and Lafayette Streets

LINK

Also:

The City of Fayetteville now offers 16 miles of paved trails and has identified 129 miles of future trails that will connect parks, neighborhoods and citizens for years to come.

Art Hobson adds further good news: "Senators Lincoln and Pryor have announced that NW Arkansas has received a $15 million federal grant for the "NWA Regional Greenway Project." This project will connect build a 40-mile trail from south Fayetteville up to Lake Bella Vista, connecting all the towns between those two points. It will be a national model for green infrastructure. I'm sure that Fayetteville's leadership in trail building has had a lot to do with our region receiving this grant."

And imagine, there were people who opposed this trail system.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer