Political Quotes of the Day

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Betsy

Re: Political Quotes of the Day

Post by Betsy »

kwlyon wrote:My step mom just got the palin book for christmas....my heart sank....surely not.... sweet zombie jesus don't let it be....
Way to ruin Christmas, step-mom!
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Betsy wrote:
kwlyon wrote:My step mom just got the palin book for christmas....my heart sank....surely not.... sweet zombie jesus don't let it be....
Way to ruin Christmas, step-mom!
She likes palin because she speaks her mind. I agree with this, she does speak her mind and I respect this about her. I just wish she would THINK about what she is saying and its potential implications before she lets loose the hanger doors so to speak.

But dear spooky sky daddy...what if she has thought through these things...and what we hear come out of her cake hole is the best she can muster....
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Doug »

kwlyon wrote:She likes palin because she speaks her mind.
DOUG
A. The sound of silence?
B. Palin did not write Going Rogue. It was ghostwritten by Lynn Vincent.

Vincent also wrote:
"Donkey Cons," which purports to prove, among other claims, "how Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, and John F. Kennedy were elected with the help of the mob." Her coauthor on that book, Robert Stacey McCain (no relation to John McCain) has spoken out against interracial marriage.
See here for satire.
The book jacket of Donkey Cons says: "Why Democrats ignore crime victims and take the side of rapists, robbers, and cop-killers-then stump for the right of felons to vote!"

Conveniently ignoring the NRA's fight to get felons the right to bear arms...

See a Time Magazine piece here.
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

By this logic, she should like everybody who has made statements publicly. Demonstrate how moronic such an approach is by picking people who have made their "minds" known (Obama, Rush, Olbermann, Franken, bin Laden, Hitler, etc.), and asking her if she likes them, too.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Savonarola wrote:
DAR
Another way to put this might be "plain spoken" along the lines of Ross Perot, Nader, Kucinich, Ron Paul. Too many politicians bury their comments in weasel words and carefully crafted comments. I tired of this too. But then, when they sometimes say something too straightforward and truthful, they get punished for it (i.e. Obama saying some cling to their guns and their Bibles in hard times).

However, when Palin speaks her mind, plainly, there just isn't much to work with. People who aren't into the details don't care about that so much, so they just pay attention to the emotional and rabble-rouser part of it.

D.
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Doug wrote: DOUG
A. The sound of silence?
B. Palin did not write Going Rogue. It was ghostwritten by Lynn Vincent.
If this is true, it actually is a positive point in her direction. I have read a small portion of it at this point while sitting around in hastings. I took the trouble to set it inside a large book on astronomy so people around me would not see me reading it. I was embarrassed but curiosity got the better of me. It is reasonably well written (I was surprised) however it seems to be nothing more than a little girls playground bitchfest.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Hey, check out this exchange on the Bigdog site. If you can stand it.

Quote of the Day:

"It was you liberals lynching black folks while we conservatives were passing laws against it." Big Dog
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

*CLUNK* (rattle rattle rattle)

that was me falling headfirst onto my keyboard. wow. Unbelievable.
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Darrel wrote:Hey, check out this exchange on the Bigdog site. If you can stand it.

Quote of the Day:

"It was you liberals lynching black folks while we conservatives were passing laws against it." Big Dog
I can one up your random assertions! I am the KING of random! There goes:

It was also you CONSERVATIVES who intentionally invaded Iraq so that you could start a war leading to the deaths of millions of american soldiers so that you could use your liquid argon laser in orbit to vaporize their bodies thus releasing energy that was then harnessed and used to coat smurfs in thermite which were crazy glued onto the support structures of the world trade center towers at which point you used the kregar waves from the adapted alien technology at area 51 to ignite the smurfs and bring down the towers.....That's right....hail to the king baby!

Kevin

P.S. You know...everytime I think I have nailed bizarro world I look back at what I wrote in disappointment. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to reach their level of crazy.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

kwlyon wrote: No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to reach their level of crazy.
DAR
Yep. There's the imitation, and then there's the real thing. Nothing like the real thing.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"Cheney's got $2 million to write about his memories, and he's trying to stay in the
public eye to push his book. Who's doing the introduction to his book, ...Satan?"

-- Rep. Alan Grayson, Link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Consider President Jimmy Carter's April 18, 1977 speech. Since it was given nearly three decades ago, when many of the reporters in Bush's White House were children, it's understandable that they don't remember it... It was the speech that established the strategic petroleum reserve, birthed the modern solar power industry, led to the insulation of millions of American homes, and established America's first national energy policy. "With the exception of preventing war," said Jimmy Carter, a man of peace, "this is the greatest challenge our country will face during our lifetimes."

He added: "It is a problem we will not solve in the next few years, and it is likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century. "We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and grandchildren.

The rest:

Carter Tried To Stop Bush's Energy Disasters - 28 Years Ago
Doug

Post by Doug »

Rudy Giuliani, MR. 9-11 himself:

On "Good Morning America" Friday, the former New York mayor declared, "We had no domestic attacks under Bush; we've had one under Obama."

A day earlier, Giuliani falsely claimed that the shoe bomber attack occurred before September 11th.

Here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"When a caller [to Rush Limbaugh] complained about Obama directing the public to the White House website to find charitable organizations operating in Haiti to promote a conspiracy theory that finding these charities via the White House website puts your money at risk of not reaching Haitians. Limbaugh responded:

"We've already donated to Haiti. It's called the U.S. income tax."

Link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Today's Beckism
"Glenn Beck:
I also believe this is dividing the nation…to where the nation sees him react so rapidly on Haiti and yet he couldn’t react rapidly on Afghanistan. He couldn’t react rapidly on Ft. Hood. He couldn’t react rapidly on our own airplanes with an underwear bomber…it doesn’t make sense. [...] Three different events and Haiti is the only one. I think personally that it deepens he divide to see him react this rapidly to Haiti."
Bonus:

"Glenn Beck agrees with guest that poor are "like a domesticated animal [that] never learns to hunt" Link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"I almost start a mini press riot today at the Supreme Court, so certain am I that Justice Clarence Thomas is about to ask a question for the first time in nearly four years. In a case about indefinite detention for sex offenders, he summons someone to bring forth a law book; he puts on his glasses and reads carefully from the book, then leans forward toward the microphone. To his left, Justice Stephen Breyer looks at him expectantly. I nudge my colleagues on either side and hiss, "He's gonna do it, he's gonna do it." We all start craning and gaping. And then Thomas, who hasn't asked a question at oral argument since Feb. 22, 2006, takes off his glasses, tips his head back up against his headrest, and closes his eyes."

Slate
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"It was just a matter of time before more of that reflection of the people's uncomfortableness
that they feel towards this administration is manifesting in these poll numbers."
-- Sarah Palin, explaining why Obama's approval ratings are about 30 points higher than Bush's

http://www.bartcop.com/
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Republican National Committee:

“Though close to 50 years have come and gone since Dr. King delivered his ‘I Have A Dream’ speech, the principles by which he lived and worked remain as true as the day he began his epic and historic fight for civil rights... As we celebrate his legacy, I’m reminded that his message is rooted in ideals and principles that the Republican Party has advocated since its inception. Today, our Party and the nation honors Dr. King’s dream by continuing his fight — the fight for all Americans to have an equal chance at the American Dream.”

Link
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action.

But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished.

Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"?

If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll.

You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best, Satan

LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS