Who is Savonarola?

Please read this forum before posting.
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Who is Savonarola?

Post by Savonarola »

For those users familiar with nwapolitics.com, Savonarola went by the username "Interested Reader."

As I have decidedly become more than a mere interested reader, I have reverted back to an older username.
Tamara

Post by Tamara »

I have to wonder why one alias is better than another. Are you undercover? Hmmm...
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Tamara wrote:I have to wonder why one alias is better than another. Are you undercover? Hmmm...
Earlier, Savonarola wrote:As I have decidedly become more than a mere interested reader...
About six years ago, a de-converted friend of mine chose to use the name "Savonarola" (after Girolamo Savonarola, a historical figure) for religion/politics-related online discussions, and I took over the account at his request. Since then I often use "Savonarola" when talking about these controversial topics.

The real Savonarola was a religious figure who, although never actually deconverting, promoted political reforms and opposed some of the inane orthodoxy of the church. While he was on their side, the church loved him; after not blindly bowing to their authority, though, the church had him simultaneously hanged and burned.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Re: Who is Savonarola?

Post by Savonarola »

Questions wrote:Either way I hope that you find more productive things to do than bitching and crying on an internet forum.
Seriously, do I even need to say anything?
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

Here is a note I just posted to the facebook thread that these hillbillies came from:

As you folks choose to spam our forum with hate and venom, I will advise you that copies are being kept, IP's noted, and comments such as:

"He then tried attacking my mother, saying he was going to rape her tonight."

Can be considered terroristic threatening. I assure you that the authorities take such comments seriously, and if/when you or your parents receive a visit from the police, or are contacted by my lawyer, you also will begin to take your actions seriously as well.

What unfortunate behavior. I imagine Brian and Ticon are rather embarrassed.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
dar

Post by dar »

Bump