Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- Skeptic Magazine

Post by Dardedar »

Just found this:

Skeptic Magazine gives a very nice roast of:

9/11 Conspiracy Theories:
The 9/11 Truth Movement in Perspective

by Phil Molé

At the Hyatt Regency O’Hare near Chicago, a crowd of approximately 400 people has gathered on a pleasant summer evening. Some are old and some are young; some are dressed in colorful tie-died shirts while others wear dress shirts and slacks, but most seem cheerful and friendly. We are all waiting for the opening of the main lecture hall for the evening’s event, the first of many scheduled talks during a weekend-long conference. We bide some time by looking at the items for sale: DVD copies of Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11, the anti-Karl Rove documentary Bush’s Brain, and the more recent Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price.

There is nothing especially unusual here, since all of these are available at the Borders or Best Buy near you. But then as the doors to the main hall are about to open, one anxious attendee tries to start a chant of “9/11 was an Inside Job.” A few people join in before another attendee tells him, quite emphatically, “we already know!” The weekend conference is the Chicago meeting for 911truth.org, one of the most visible organizations within a larger coalition known as the “9/11 Truth Movement,” and most of the crowd believes that the United States government planned and orchestrated the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

The statement “we already know!” well summarizes the attitude of the conference attendees toward the material presented during the lectures. Many at the conference do not seem to be looking for new information that might lead to more accurate perspectives about the events of 9/11. A fellow sitting near me admits, “We already know this stuff; we’re here to reconfirm what we already know.” The conference is a way for attendees to consolidate their group identity, and try to bring their message to those people at home and abroad who believe the “official story” of 9/11. As someone who does not share the views of the 9/11 Truth Movement, I have another objective. I want to listen to their arguments and view their evidence, and understand the reasons why so many likable and otherwise intelligent people are convinced that the United States government planned the murder of nearly 3,000 of its own citizens.

The rest
Doug

Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- Skeptic Magazine

Post by Doug »

Darrel wrote:The rest
DOUG
Thanks for the link. An excellent roast of the conspiracy theories.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- Skeptic Magazine

Post by Dardedar »

DAR
A letter to bartcop. When people tap into and energize the conspiracy part of their brain, I am thinking it is located in the same section as the religious part of the brain.

The craziest thing I've read all week:

Bart, I'd like you to stop posting cartoons, etc., that claim Osama bin Laden had something
to do with 9/11. I understand that not everyone is at the same level of learning, but that doesn't
mean I'm where everyone else is. I've been hammering at this subject daily for almost 7 years,
which means I've done more work on 9/11 than it took me to get my graduate degree.
I've easily spent as many hours researching it in the seven years since it happened.

From me to you: OBL was not the man behind 9/11. No hijackings occurred on 9/11.
No planes were flown into the WTC. No plane was flown into the Pentagon.
No plane was crashed in Shanksville. A Tesla-based energy beam was used
to destroy the WTC, not jet fuel and not conventional explosives.

What kind of explosives do we know about that burn for 100 days after exploding
(while the FDNY is working 24/7 to put it out and after many days of rain)? NONE.
We know officially of none.

Jet fuel?
Nope. Therefore the entire plane question is called into question based on easily
obtainable high school textbook reference table knowledge. Find out how hot jet fuel
burns and compare it to what it takes to melt or seriously weaken steel. And think of
your barbeque grill, which uses the same stuff to cook food. Your grill doesn't melt, does it?

The passenger lists from the so-called flights have been thoroughly examined and found
to contain serious inconsistencies. The videos depicting airplanes flying into the Pentagon
and the WTC have been found to have been faked.

I know you're busy.
I just want you to know the basics of what you need to know about 9/11
to keep your site as excellent as it already is.

Dr Tracy

BART points out:
"I don't know much about how fuel melts steel, but I saw those planes fly into the WTC.
It happened on live TV, (Second plane) so that means NBC. ABC. CBS, CNN and FOX
had to intentionally run those 'faked videos' at the same time to fool the public."