Thinking of moving to your area

If it belongs nowhere else, it belongs here!
PJRussell
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Thinking of moving to your area

Post by PJRussell »

Husband and I live in Mexico and are thinking of moving to the Fayetteville area, Bella Vista or Rogers, or somewhere. We have never been there, and are originally from Wisconsin. I am looking for someone to correspond with privately, sort of a pen pal, to ask the myriad of questions we have about the area before we take the plunge. I chose this forum to find like minded persons. Anyone out there willing to be my font of information?
Meanwhile, anything you want to tell me here on this forum would be helpful. I've read that Fayetteville is an oasis of Blue in a state of Red. We are retired, ages 67 and 57. Houses look more affordable in Bella Vista and Rogers. How far are these from Fayetteville? How's the shopping in the two towns? Thanks for any feedback!
Pam Russell
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: Thinking of moving to your area

Post by Doug »

Rogers and Bella Vista are about 25 to 35 minutes from Fayetteville, respectively. There are lots of shops in the area. Not so many in Bella Vista. Bella Vista is a small, spread-out retirement village with lots of woods and golf courses. Fayetteville has the main campus of the University of Arkansas, so it is a kind of blue oasis in the sea of red.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."