Strange or Funny News

If it belongs nowhere else, it belongs here!
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Strange or Funny News

Post by Doug »

Gay Organizers Will Not Get Behind the Baseball Players

SEATTLE — Three bisexual men from the San Francisco area have filed a lawsuit claiming they were discriminated against during the Gay Softball World Series in the Seattle area two years ago.

The Seattle Times reports that the men filed the federal complaint Tuesday against the softball tournament's organizer, the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance. It alleges that after another team complained, the alliance ruled the three men were "nongay," and took away the team's second-place finish.

An attorney for the alliance says the three plaintiffs were not discriminated against illegally and the alliance is a private organization that can determine its membership.

See here.

[OK, I made up the headline...]
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Re: Strange or Funny News

Post by Dardedar »

A 3D tattoo:

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Make your own stereograms here

Doug

Post by Doug »

Superman Saves Family From Foreclosure

It sounds like the stuff of superhero stories: a family on the brink of foreclosure saved their home when they found a rare copy of Superman's debut comic, Action Comics #1, in their basement.

ABC reports that the family, who wished to remain anonymous, were packing up for foreclosure on their home in the South -- where they have lived since the 1950's -- when they came across a stash of "old magazines" and "old comic books", according to Asylum. They contacted Stephen Fishler, co-owner of New York's ComicConnect, to see what they could pawn.

...Fishler took the copy to Comic-con last week for a valuation. It received a "Very Good" status with 5/10 points, ABC News reports. It is expected to fetch at least $250,000 through an auction on ComicConnect's website on August 27th.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Scare Tactics video clip

A really good job of scaring the living crap out of a guy with ghost antics.

That was a facebook clip and might not work for everyone. Here it is on youtube.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

As seen on bartcop:

What's that on this steep dam wall?

Mountain goats known as Ibex.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Doug

Post by Doug »

Real Life Superhero Stops Car Theft
See here.

LYNNWOOD, Wash. -- A local man said he came within seconds of having his car broken into, and perhaps stolen, until a real-life “superhero" came to his aid, wearing tights, a mask and a skin-tight super suit.

The encounter started in Lynnwood Sunday evening when a man, who asked to be identified only as Dan, was walking back to his car in a parking lot when he saw a man with a metal strip trying to pry open his car.

“He started sticking it down between the window and the rubber strip,” said Dan.

Dan began to call 911, but said help arrived before he even finished dialing.

“From the right, this guy comes dashing in, wearing this skin-tight rubber, black and gold suit, and starts chasing him away,” said Dan.

What Dan didn’t know is that just about every night, an anonymous Seattle man strolls into a comic store, enters a hidden back room and emerges transformed.

"My name is Phoenix Jones,” said the man.

The man is the hero Dan’s been trying to tell his friends about.

“People are saying, ‘No way, dude, you were probably drunk,’” said Dan.

But the superhero sounded familiar to Ming Laven. She had heard about how he and the other eight members of his Rain City Superhero crime fighting movement walk the street, eyes out for crime and prepared to fight it.

On Monday night, the fully-clad superhero and Dan met.

Read the rest at the link above.

An earlier version of Phoenix Jones's costume.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Doug's other job.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »