RSS Feed

Ask questions about this discussion board here.
Robert Madewell

RSS Feed

Post by Robert Madewell »

I tried to subscribe to this board using Google Reader and it came up as Big Dog's House, which is a blog that I have no interest in subscribing to. Is there an RSS feed for this board that will notify me when there is a new post?
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: RSS Feed

Post by Savonarola »

The short answer is: No.

Now, I won't say that we have the equivalent, but we have the next best thing: A "view new posts" link in the upper right (for those who have cookies enabled). Clicking that link will bring up a list of all the threads updated since your last visit.

There is at least one mod in development for adding an RSS feed to the software, but it's still in beta testing. I don't want to mess with stuff that hasn't been approved by the phpbb folks, and I don't think I have the technical skills to install it if it turns out to be complicated. I can keep an eye on it, though.
Robert Madewell

Re: Website suggestions

Post by Robert Madewell »

This post has been moved from another thread. --Sav

Is there any way to set up an RSS feed for this page. I follow all my blogs and podcasts with google reader and it'd be nice to get updates for this forum with all my other news.

Also, I've tried to post this three times and for some reason the confirmation code is just not very readable. I guess it'd not be an issue if I was not too lazy to log in. :)
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Robert Madewell wrote:Is there any way to set up an RSS feed for this page.
I think I will add a modification that will add RSS functionality the next time I update the forum software. It may be upwards of a month before this happens, though.
Robert Madewell wrote:Also, I've tried to post this three times and for some reason the confirmation code is just not very readable.
Actually, that's the point. Just log in already.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Savonarola wrote:
Robert Madewell wrote:Is there any way to set up an RSS feed for this page.
I think I will add a modification that will add RSS functionality the next time I update the forum software. It may be upwards of a month before this happens, though.
Good news. The next update has been released, so I'll be updating the software ... well, hopefully soon. At that time, I'll pick an RSS feed modification to install.

Robert, once this has been implemented, post feedback in this thread about how it works (or doesn't) for you, what changes you would suggest, etc.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Savonarola wrote:Robert, once this has been implemented, post feedback in this thread about how it works (or doesn't) for you, what changes you would suggest, etc.
The software has been updated, and I've added a mod that is supposed to enable RSS. Robert, let me know how this works (or doesn't) for you.