CATEGORY SUGGESTION

Ask questions about this discussion board here.

CATEGORY SUGGESTION

Post by Guest »

We have three categories: Politics, Religion, and Science...how about a "General" category, where if something you want to post falls outside of those three, you have a place to put it? Or do we want to limit it to those three? just asking...
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

Great question. Here's the scoop:

As we're still getting a feel for what this forum is going to need, I am open to suggestions. Fortunately, adding new categories and forums is relatively simple for the site admin. We can even move entire forums without losing any of the posts therein.

For example, I have been considering making "Politics" a category of its own, with perhaps "World News," "National News," "Arkansas News," and "Local News" as individual forums.

Feeback and suggestions are greatly encouraged. In other words, I am openly asking for ways that I can help our contributors. Helping me will help you.

I will create a quick "Other" forum for the time being. If your post is of a topic worthy of its own forum, I will move the thread to the appropriate forum once that forum is created.

We have no intent of "limiting" the topics that are talked about here. We may not end up with a specific forum for everything, but -- at least after this -- any post with no obvious good home can go in Other.

Thanks again for the question. You're helping our board become even better.