More features of phpBB

Please read this forum before posting.
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

More features of phpBB

Post by Savonarola »

phpBB makes implementation of rich text easy. Just click on the buttons above the comment window to format text. You can also add images and links in the same manner.
Text color and size can be changed with the drop-down menus.

Please refrain from using blue, boldface text. This style text will be used by our moderators when acting in their official capacities. (Blue is fine, and bold is fine, but not both.)

Be aware that abuse of these options will be removed. In the same way that all caps is frowned upon, so is all bold or all large text. This ability to format text is for your benefit; we want to make it simple for you to convey your message effectively.

Please note that normal HTML formatting will not work in this forum. php software uses square brackets ([ and ]) instead of angle brackets (< and >). If you find the inability to use HTML excessively difficult, please contact a moderator for assistance.

Also note the "quote" option above, which generally should be used when quoting longer passages made earlier by another poster. For example:
Be aware that abuse of these options will be removed. In the same way that all caps is frowned upon, so is all bold or all large text. This formatting is for your benefit in order to make your message easier to convey.
Please condense long URLs by using the "url=..." tag. For example: [url=http://www.reallysuperlonginternetdomainnamethattakesupwaytoomuchspaceonthepage.com]Short link.[/url]

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.reallysuperlonginternetdomainnamethattakesupwaytoomuchspaceonthepage.com]Short link.[/url]
For help using these "BBCode" commands, please see our quick primer or the BBCode Guide.

Also note that users may preview their comments before submitting. Previewing is strongly encouraged as it can easily reveal formatting mistakes.

One very useful feature of this forum is that, if your browser is set up to allow cookies, you are able to see which threads have been updated since your last visit. You can jump directly to the last comment in any thread, and you can jump directly the first ("new") post in each thread that you haven't yet read! Additionally, a link near the upper right directs to a page that lists all the posts that have been made since your last visit. These features makes it easy for readers not to miss a single post!

Registered users may upload avatars, or pictures that will appear below their usernames in their posts. Avatars should be tasteful and are limited to 100 pixels by 100 pixels in size as well as to a 100kB filesize. Registered users can also specify a remote image for their avatars.

Registered users may also send private messages to other registered users.

Logins expire after 1 hour for security reasons. If a registered user spends extensive time on the forum, he or she may have to log in more than once.
However, the option to be automatically logged in upon visiting the site can be activated at the login page. Automatic logins will expire 7 days after logging in, regardless of how often the user visits the board.

Information regarding threads can be found on each page thereof. Whether a user is able to post and reply as well as edit his or her own threads can be found in the lower right hand corner of the page.

If any questions remain, please post them to the Help forum.
Last edited by Savonarola on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Morgan

BBCode link not working

Post by Arthur Morgan »

Hi,

I was reading through the good stuff and discovered that the link on the page about PHBB features returned a "Page Not Found" error. I mention this not in the spirit of criticism, but because you'd probably prefer to know. :)

Arthur Morgan
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Absolutely! Thanks for the heads up. The links above have been fixed.

The broken links are an artifact of a filesystem management change and may be indicative of a large number of broken links in this forum. I'll be checking other Info posts to modify any other broken links. However, if anyone finds any more problems in the future, don't hesitate to comment either in that thread or in the help forum.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

DAR
Uh oh, I have a feeling I am going to get the boot from this site someday....

D.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Darrel wrote:Uh oh, I have a feeling I am going to get the boot from this site someday...
You'd have to take it up with the Site Admin. Perhaps he'll let it slide. I might even put in a good word for you...

Meanwhile, someone remind me to stay away from comedy.
juju
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: More features of phpBB

Post by juju »

Is there any way we can get an RSS feed for the forums? I like to keep up to date via my Google Reader.

Edit: Here is one option:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=373726
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Quick note:

I have just added the ability to strike text by putting a tag of "s" around text you want struck. A button for this has been added to the text editing toolbar above the message body window of posting pages.

Example: I am not a freethinker.

I am [s]not[/s] a freethinker.
I will be looking into adding superscript and subscript options.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Savonarola wrote:I will be looking into adding superscript and subscript options.
CO2

CO[sub]2[/sub]
E=mc2

E=mc[sup]2[/sup]