Creation Science...We do what we must because we can...

kwlyon

Creation Science...We do what we must because we can...

Post by kwlyon »

I have a hankering to go see the great passion play and creation museum in Eureka....anyone up for it? They have a November and December showings...there will be a chill in the air.....Oh, and it will be really cold.

Kevin
kwlyon

Re: Creation Science...We do what we must because we can...

Post by kwlyon »

Really....no takers?....It really is an excellent play and the museum is...well....it is a geekgasm of fail.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

Doug and Greg and I went by there one time but they were closed at the time. Seems a shame to go that far to give them money too. I don't think it's that cheap.

Oh, 25 bucks a ticket. Yuck.
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Yeah...the passion play is a tad expensive so it is only worth it if you enjoy that kind of thing. If you are looking for exceptional talent and high level Broadway production you will be exceedingly disappointed. However, if you enjoy watching decent (though in this case perhaps somewhat fictional) reenactments it is worth the time and money. Oh, and the creation museum is something like $5 I think. It is relatively inexpensive and though I do have an issue with giving these people money, it is so very amusing. To be perfectly honest, however, I really want to see the passion play again because I remember going to it several times as a child with my family...it is one of the very few things I remember and I want a chance to experience it from my current prospective.

Kevin
Doug

Post by Doug »

Darrel wrote:Doug and Greg and I went by there one time but they were closed at the time. Seems a shame to go that far to give them money too. I don't think it's that cheap.

Oh, 25 bucks a ticket. Yuck.
DOUG
Yes, and as I recall we peeked in the windows and it seemed really small inside there. I can't imagine that it would have much material in there. (Certainly nothing of substance.)
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

There is, in fact, one exhibit which is absolutely accurate...well...not so much an exhibit as a poster....a poster of the carbon cycle. The poster is perfectly sound....now the audio track that goes along with it....not so much....

I rather enjoyed the fail-fest when I went some time ago...however I was disappointed that it was "maned" by two old women. I just can't roast old women....it's like beating up an orphan....
Doug

Post by Doug »

See here.

Kirk Cameron, TV and movie star turned moron creationist, pretends to be thoughtful in this YouTube piece, and makes an argument for putting religion in schools. Listen to it if you can stomach it. Post comments.

By the way, radio star Howard Stern played a little of this YouTube clip on his radio show and then launched into a roast of Kirk Cameron and religious education in public schools.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Doug wrote:Howard Stern played a little of this YouTube clip on his radio show and then launched into a roast of Kirk Cameron and religious education in public schools.
DAR
Somebody put the audio up on youtube. You can hear the first clip of three, here.

Second clip

Third clip

Haven't listened yet.