From the Mailbag, Re: Bible Prophecy assertions

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

From the Mailbag, Re: Bible Prophecy assertions

Post by Dardedar »

Having a little round and round with a fellow named Joe. Thought I would post copies and invite him to post here:

Shalom,

I Wish you may enjoy my greeting by knowing the truth, remember we are only a vapour in the wind & we will pass from here soon & will have to stand before a Judge. Here below is an answer for your challenge & i hope you can understand it. And if you find yourself among them in the below line, please make yourself out of it, May Yeshua be Mashiach for you, let Him guide you towards ELOHIM.

2 Timothy 3:1-4
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
DAR
People have had these vague attributes throughout time, and if anything we have less of these bad attributes now than in the past.

And these aren't terrible times, they are the best of times. We actually have less war now than at any time in the past. Longer life spans, less hunger, etc.

Nice try though.

regards,

D.

To: Fayetteville Freethinkers
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012
Subject: Re: Verifiable example of fulfilled Bible prophecy
Shalom,
When you say there is less war, i feel you are not aware about the things happening around the world. War between countries are less, but the war inside every country are much heigher than ever in history. And life span is being less, less hunger for high class people. You are a bit far from realities about the truth & informations about the situations in most asian, african countries. Instead condemning, if you could spend some time to think calm about your past, how you got birth, care from those who brought you this much, happiness, & accidents you survived then you could find the truth.
May Adonai guide you closer to Elohim.
DAR
Hello Joesph, I'll respond below. If you would like to continue this conversation, perhaps our forum would be a good place for this: index.php
Shalom,
When you say there is less war, i feel you are not aware about the things happening around the world."
I say there is less war, because there is less war. Observe:

"At the widest-angle view, one can see a whopping difference across the millennia that
separate us from our pre-state ancestors. Contra leftist anthropologists who celebrate the
noble savage, quantitative body-counts—such as the proportion of prehistoric skeletons with
axemarks and embedded arrowheads or the proportion of men in a contemporary foraging
tribe who die at the hands of other men—suggest that pre-state societies were far more
violent than our own. It is true that raids and battles killed a tiny percentage of the
numbers that die in modern warfare. But, in tribal violence, the clashes are more frequent,
the percentage of men in the population who fight is greater, and the rates of death per
battle are higher. According to anthropologists like Lawrence Keeley, Stephen LeBlanc,
Phillip Walker, and Bruce Knauft, these factors combine to yield population-wide rates of
death in tribal warfare that dwarf those of modern times. If the wars of the twentieth
century had killed the same proportion of the population that die in the wars of a typical
tribal society, there would have been two billion deaths, not 100 million."

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/212/r ... %20War.pdf

Your prophecy is plainly falsified on this point. We have less war and less violence. Far less.
JOE: "War between countries are less, but the war inside every country are much heigher than ever in history."
You are simply wrong. Read the rest at the link I provided above.
JOE: "And life span is being less, less hunger for high class people."
Wrong. Life spans have increased dramatically throughout the entire planet.

Take four minutes and learn about the decline in human hunger just within the last few centuries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpvesK3jXBk

Your prophecy is again flatly contradicted by the facts. Incidentally, even if hunger had increased, and war had increased and life expectancy had decreased, it wouldn't follow that this is the end, or the last days.
JOE: "You are a bit far from realities about the truth & informations about the situations in most asian, african countries."
Actually I'm not, and notice I back up my claims with verifiable references. And I have much more information on this. I've been debating it for years and am planning a lecture on it soon. While the Asian and African nations have not had the same degree of progress on life expectancy, they have had progress. This flatly contradicts your prophecy.
JOE: "Instead condemning, if you could spend some time to think calm about your past, how you got birth, care from those who brought you this much, happiness, & accidents you survived then you could find the truth."
What have I "condemned?" When I see errors, I point them out. And you information about the state of the world, is plainly false.

D.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer