September 2015 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

September 2015 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Hello Freethinkers,

It's time for our September meeting!
Unfortunately for our mobility and peace of mind, it is also the time for the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ motorcycle rally. This means that traffic will be tricky in and around Fayetteville. Allow extra time to
arrive. We plan to have a shorter meeting than usual.

Our main presentation will involve chasing some "Magical-Thinking" out of fundamental modern physics: Bill Harter and Tyle Reimer from the
University of Arkansas will tell us about their trip to the 2015 APS-DAMOP meeting.

What happens when two Fayetteville physics guys try to clarify special relativity and quantum theory at the largest ever US meeting on
Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics?

They'll reveal some glimpses of two posters showing Occam-Razor-like critical thinking that got enthusiastic responses. Also some cool
computer animations that simplify and unify special relativity and quantum theory into a subject they call "Relawavity" and make this
material more accessible.

Online links to all articles, texts, lectures, videos, and apps will be made free and available.
Meeting Details:
When: Saturday, September 26, 2015.
Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St. (two blocks west of the town square).
Library phone: 571-2222.
Time: 2:00 - 3:30 pm
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer