February 2014 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

February 2014 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

It's time for the February meeting of the Fayetteville Freethinkers!

We hope you had a great Valentine's Day. However, if you had a Charlie Brown type Valentine's Day, don't fret. Here's some love for you. The Fayetteville Freethinkers would love to have you at our next meeting! Make the freethought community your second family!

To show you how much we love you, look at what's going on at our next meeting:

We've just acquired an excellent film by the Council for Secular Humanism. We'll watch part one of a four part documentary entitled "American Freethought." These are our kind of people! It's important to understand the history of how far we've come. Here's a trailer for the documentary.

Doug Krueger will bring another installment of "Don't Believe Your Own Hype," martial arts edition. If someone is running at you at full speed, ready to tackle you, what do you do? That's right: you use your magic power to stop the person! This has got to work, right? It works so well in practice...

The rest will have to be a surprise. Bring some magazines for the free table if you have them!

Meeting Details:
When: Saturday, February 22, 2014
Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St.
(two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.
Time: 2:00 - 4:30 pm
Room: The Walker Room, the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the
lobby and to your right. You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.
Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer