November 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

November 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Thank goodness we have a freethought community right here in Northwest Arkansas!

It's time for our last Fayetteville Freethinker meeting of the year! (In December we have our solstice dinner instead of a meeting.)

Speaking of that, our Solstice dinner will be in the pub at Powerhouse (our traditional place), on Friday December 20, Solstice eve. Further details on that to follow.

We're still working out the details but we will have some very useful material at our Saturday meeting.

Doug will present his top ten favorite Bible contradictions. You can use these to stump your most strident Bible fundamentalists.

We'll watch part two of a Richard Dawkins documentary that covers all of the basics, "Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life."

The rest will have to be a surprise. Bring some magazines for the free table if you've got them!

Meeting Details:

When: Saturday, November 30, 2013.

Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St.
(two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.

Time: 2:00 - 4:30 pm

Room: The Walker Room, the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the
lobby and to your right. You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: November 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: November 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Savonarola »

Dardedar wrote:Doug will present his top ten favorite Bible contradictions. You can use these to stump your most strident Bible fundamentalists.
Doug's PowerPoint has now been uploaded. You can find it here.