October 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

October 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Freethinkers, the weather is turning cooler, and that means it's time for our October Fayetteville Freethinker meeting!

This Saturday we'll be bringing you some tricks and some treats!

We'll have another "Gems in our Community" presentation and an interview with Vivian Michaels. She has some extraordinary life experiences
to tell us about, including her time spent in a Japanese internment camp in Indonesia during WWII.

We'll play a clip of an interview Darrel just recorded hours ago with our good friend (and now famous) Jerry Dewitt. That's right, he was passing through and spent
they night here at Freethinker Headquarters. He's had many adventures in the (almost) two years since we saw him last.

For the first time we'll have a live comedian! Taylor Henschell has been performing around our the local comedy scene and he has put together a special secular set just for us.

Linda Farrell has a presentation and the musician songwriter Emily Kaitz will perform a song or two for us as well. It really will be an action packed meeting. Make it if you can.

Meeting Details:

When: Saturday, October 26, 2013.

Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St.
(two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.

Time: 2:00 - 4:30 pm

Room: The Walker Room, the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the
lobby and to your right. You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer