August 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

August 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Hello Freethinkers! As we mentioned in our Monday notice, we'll be gathering for our August Fayetteville Freethinker meeting this Saturday at 2:00 and breaking
the months-long freethinker dry spell! It's been two and a half months since we've had a meeting so we're going to bring out all the good stuff we've been
collecting over the summer.

Tamara and Darrel will recount an experience in Mexico that provides a powerful (and humorous) case for more skepticism. Think you're skeptical enough? We doubt it.

Linda Farrell will give us a presentation fearlessly addressing the issue of whether Jesus was married.

We'll watch a show about a magician who went to the trouble of creating a fake faith healer just to expose the whole thing (bumped from the last meeting).

Darrel has several inspiring and thought inducing freethinker clips to share, a new feature "News of the Day," and Doug will give us another quick fallacy of reasoning to avoid.
We have an interesting Moral Question of the Day in stock for discussion and many more things, including good people and good freethought fellowship followed by some
good freethought eating (if you choose to come to dinner).

Meeting Details:

When: Saturday, August 17, 2013.

Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St.
(two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.

Time: 2:00 - 4:30 pm

Room: The Walker Room, the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the
lobby and to your right. You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer