FreeOK 2013

Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

FreeOK 2013

Post by Savonarola »

Is anybody from the area interested in attending FreeOK 2013, the Oklahoma Freethought convention being held in OKC this Saturday (June 22)?
HitchSlap

Re: FreeOK 2013

Post by HitchSlap »

Hello, just joined the forum. Did you end up going to FreeOK? I went and thought it went very well.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

HitchSlap wrote:Did you end up going to FreeOK? I went and thought it went very well.
I did not, but a colleague of mine did; if I can get his permission to do so, I'll post his brief recap here soon.

ETA: Rumor has it that videos of the talks will be available online via Seth Andrews sometime soon. If this turns out to be true, and if I find out about it when they're posted, I'll post a link (or links) here, too.
HitchSlap

Post by HitchSlap »

I talked to Seth Andrews yesterday and said he should have the video ready within a few weeks. He will post it to his YouTube channel 'The Thinking Atheist'.

I'm looking forward to it. There were a lot of good moments and the speakers did an excellent job. Jamila Bey couldn't make it, so she had to do her speech via phone.
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Here's my colleague's short summary:
I'm back from FreeOK and here were some of the highlights.

Looking over and seeing Seth Andrews and AronRa having a conversation about 15' to my right.

Jamila Bey phoned in her talk, literally, but was inspiring and funny none the less.

Sean Faircloth issues a rallying cry and presents a plan for how the freethought community can join the national conversation in a politically savvy way.

Dale McGowan cursed the event organizers for making him speak after Sean Faircloth.

Zack Kopplin told us all about the legal buffoonery of Louisiana legistlators. Witch doctors were mentioned.

Emily Boyer demonstrates that condoms fit all sizes by slipping one over a grown man's forearm.

Seth Andrews (The Thinking Atheist) lights a fire under all of us for the sake of the children.

Lawrence M. Krauss teaches everybody about relativity and the history of particle physics and delivers like a comedian in doing so.
HitchSlap

Post by HitchSlap »

Yep, that pretty much sums it up! Haha.