May 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

May 2013 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

It's time for the May meeting of the Fabulous Fayetteville Freethinkers! We have some great material lined up for you this month.

First, just a note, due to vacations and lack of a meeting room available, there will be no June meeting. Also, as usual, we don't have a July meeting.
So our meeting this Saturday will be your last chance to visit with us until our August meeting (which by the way, is two weeks earlier than normal,
on August 17). Also, SpringFest was rained out on the scheduled day (and the next date won't work for us), so no SpringFest for us this year.

May meeting agenda:

Doug Krueger will tell us about an issue near and dear to our hearts: what makes us happy? The ancient Greek philosophers used to talk about this all the time.
Maybe we don't talk about it enough. There has been a lot of scientific research into this lately. We think the results will make you happy.

After you've gotten tips on how to live a long and happy life, Linda Farrell has a snappy and fun filled presentation about how to best the handle arrangements... toward the end of the trip.
If you want to do this right (and you do), it's more important to get this part right than you may have heard.

Also, we'll watch an interesting show about a magician who went to all the trouble of creating a fake faith healer, just to make a point.

Meeting Details:

When: Saturday, May 25, 2013.

Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain St.
(two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.

Time: 2:00 - 4:30 pm

Room: The Walker Room, the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the
lobby and to your right. You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer