TV Psychic Noreen Renier lecture at U of A (L.Rock)

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

From the mailbag:

TV Psychic Noreen Renier free lecture at U of Arkansas (Little Rock), Feb 9th

UPDATE: [While her free public lecture on the University of Arkansas / Clinton School campus remains set for Thursday evening, February 9th, she is also giving a luncheon lecture before the Rotary D6150 club at the Doubletree Hotel in Little Rock on February 7th at 11:30 and will begin her workshop also at the Doubletree (requiring a paid attendance) on the 11th. So clearly she's been booked across many events in the area between the 7th and 11th.]

Just a heads up to local skeptics within the University of Arkansas area. Self-claimed TV "super psychic" detective and paranormal medium Noreen Renier will be a guest lecturer on the University of Arkansas campus, 6:00 Thursday evening, February 9th, performing free in Sturgis Hall in conjunction with the Clinton School of Public Service. Typically the last 15 minutes of her sessions she opens to public questions from the audience. Some of her most famous remarks and comments have been caught on camera during those segments.

As her principal critic --- for more than 30 years --- in both court rooms and public notices, I believe she is certainly be unique among the current guests shown for February 2012.

The school notice was just issued at http://www.clintonschool.uasys.edu/n...l.aspx?id=1039
Noreen Renier is the psychic who a U.S. federal judge in March 2011 ruled was not credible and misled a federal court relating to her statements and filings during her four-year Chapter 7 bankruptcy process where she failed to initially report more than $100,000 in income and thousands in unreported assets.

Noreen Jean Renier months later in July 2011 lost a U.S. District Court appeal on that decision and currently has a second appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Ms. Renier is a self-described paranormal medium who has testified to having supernatural entities providing contact with the dead, and a wide variety of other paranormal and 'Wonder Woman' super hero claims (refer to http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinquiry ... laims.html )

While the Clinton School should and does offer its services and facilities to a wide group of public speakers it is possible they may have encountered or been provided with her typically highly inaccurate biographical materials. Noreen Renier apparently has no accredited degree --- and during previous court testimony could not recall even the name of a high school where she enrolled. She has never taught an accredited course at an accredited public or private college, and her "teaching appointments" at such institutions are exaggerated typically off non-accredited lectures she has provided or during free "workshops" she presents around the country in unison with those she charges typically from $150 to $400 for. Her standard fees for parents of missing children are $1000 for typically 45-70 minutes of on-the-phone psychic visions.

Two days before her lecture on campus she also has a privately scheduled one-day workshop (with fees) in the Little Rock area (at a Doubletree Hotel) on Tuesday, February 7th, beginning at 11:30am. The fees for this segment are unknown, unlike the "free" 1-hour presentation on campus on the 9th.

In some cases after such events she has exaggerated and/or falsely claimed to have been given "teaching appointments" as a "adjunct faculty member" at one or more of those public or private centers. One example is that the Office of Human Resources at Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville, Florida has confirmed that Noreen Renier has never been a "adjunct faculty member" as she lists herself on her web site.

That case is just one example among several where the title of "adjunct faculty member" and/or phrase "teaching appointment" is not accurate. A specific and current page with such examples on Ms. Renier's personal web site is shown at http://noreenrenier.com/services/academic.htm

Noreen Renier continues to claim she has provided "lectures" and "classes" for law enforcement agencies including the Virginia Bureau of Forensic Science when in fact a senior officer reported that after researching they could find no multiple lectures, and no classes which involved her. Ms. Renier apparently made only a single very brief appearance before this forensic group during a retraining seminar more than 27 years ago on September 24, 1982.

Likewise in 2011 one of her latest copyright books falsely claims on its cover that she is an investigator for the FBI and the book cover improperly and without FBI approval shows the FBI seal on its cover. See http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinquiry ... exist.html Therefore multiple concerns have been voiced to the FBI and Department of Justice that the unauthorized use of the seal may have violated Sections 701 and 709 of Title 18 of the United States Code

While the Clinton School should be encouraged in providing the public with a wide variety of information and entertainment it should be encouraged to carefully restrain the misuse of its name and reputation in business promotions among its guest speakers.

For additional information on Noreen Renier's academic teaching claims see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinquiry ... tatus.html

Those in the area may wish to see her presentation as she has given the virtually identical and tightly scripted presentation for years which includes many claims long found to be bogus and/or exaggerated --- see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...%20claims.html Further info on her background and exaggerated academic and law enforcement claims is shown at http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...pthRenier.html

Other background --- incluidng on the aircrash event which she typically spends up to 10 minutes on during her presentation is examined at my website http://www.commentarybysherlock.com/com ... kapril.asp Every public session she gives she seems to raise her claims ever higher on this particular charade as virtually no one knows the facts.

Thanks,

John M.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
David Franks
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: TV Psychic Noreen Renier lecture at U of A (L.Rock)

Post by David Franks »

Mailbag wrote:So clearly she's been booked across many events in the area between the 7th and 11th.
And clearly she knew that was going to happen.
"Debating with a conservative is like cleaning up your dog's vomit: It is an inevitable consequence of your association, he isn't much help, and it makes very clear the fact that he will swallow anything."
amindformurder

Post by amindformurder »

Anyone planning on attending her lecture on campus or who already saw her at the Rotary meeting yesterday?
I'd certainly appreciate knowing how her Little Rock tour is progressing.
amindformurder

Post by amindformurder »

I received a phone call today that 7 people have been prior-selected in the audience to ask questions tonight.
There is a concern that all are "friendly" questionaires with pre-prepared questions.
This follows similar "friendly" questioning in the past at public forums where Renier has lecturered.
Skeptical or critical concerns are unlikely to be addressed without some prompting from the audience.
amindformurder

Post by amindformurder »

I'd appreciate an sense of what happened during the Clinton School lecture by Noreen Renier from anyone who attended.
You can respond to my e-mail (which is also the response for my coverage about Renier on the site commentarybysherlock --- and for response send to me at amindformurder [at] gmail which was the title of Renier's original book. -Thanks. -John Merrell, principal Renier critic.
amindformurder

Post by amindformurder »

I take it no one attended or knows of how her lecture went?
David Franks
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by David Franks »

I was unable to attend. In fact, I was so caught up that I even missed "The Mentalist".
"Debating with a conservative is like cleaning up your dog's vomit: It is an inevitable consequence of your association, he isn't much help, and it makes very clear the fact that he will swallow anything."
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Doug »

I didn't go, but my Tarot cards say that she said a bunch of stupid stuff. Were they accurate?
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."