Lecture: Darwin's Invention and Dawin's Error

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Lecture: Darwin's Invention and Dawin's Error

Post by Dardedar »

I'm part of a small history of science discussion group on campus and we're organizing a lecture to be given by one of our members, Bill McComas, on Darwin's theory of Pangenesis. Bill is a noted lecturer on Darwin and we are quite hopeful of attracting some interest in his talk and he wondered if it might be something of interest to freethinkers, since so much anti-free thought advocacy is contra-Darwin. Everyone is welcome! The details are below.

History of Science Lecture Series:

William F. McComas
Parks Family Professor of Science and Technology Education
University of Arkansas

will speak on Thursday October 20th at 7pm in Old Main room 323.

The talk will be titled: Darwin's Invention and Darwin's Error: The Story of Pangenesis and what it tells us about the Nature of Science

This illustrated talk will provide insights into the nature of science by exploring Charles Darwin's problems with his theory of evolution by natural selection and his proposed solution. We will examine Darwin's interesting Lamarckian proposal of a novel and ultimately false science of heredity he called Pangenesis.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer