Collection of School Supplies at August Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Collection of School Supplies at August Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Linda Farrell has put forward the following as a way for Freethinkers to help some children through the NWA Women's Shelter:

Remember the thrill of a new box of crayons - points on all of them and no colors missing? Or the sense of promise that only a new pencil box full of sabre-sharp pencils could offer? Help us provide a sense of continuity and belonging for kids exposed to horrific family violence and who long to be "just like the other kids." We will be collecting school supplies of every kind, K - 12, at our next FFT meeting. Pens, pencils, tape, glue sticks, paper, composition books, crayons, markers and anything else you can think a child might need will be appreciated. I will be delivering everything on 8/29 and thank you on their behalf.

Linda Farrell
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: Collection of School Supplies at August Meeting

Post by Savonarola »

Darrel wrote:We will be collecting school supplies of every kind, K - 12, at our next FFT meeting.
You might put this in the meeting notice email and perhaps even a day-before reminder email.