Speaker Topic for Special April Meeting

You may select 1 option

View results

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Poll: Choose Speaker Topic for April Lecture

Post by Dardedar »

We are working on bringing in a guest speaker in April: Tom Flynn, senior editor of the Free Inquiry.

It will be a special meeting in the middle of the month.

What topic would you like him to speak about?
chalde44

Re: Poll: Choose Speaker Topic for April Lecture

Post by chalde44 »

Tell him to cover all three topics in his most analytical manner; thus, easily making his presentation fit the time appropriated for it. (appropriated?) Written with finger in keyboard.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

chalde44 wrote:Tell him to cover all three topics in his most analytical manner; thus, easily making his presentation fit the time appropriated for it. (appropriated?) Written with finger in keyboard.
I could ask him if he could mix the second two together since they are somewhat related. I think each of these are designed to be stand alone presentations. Three lectures in one lecture probably wouldn't do justice to any of the subjects properly and would probably just go on too long or be too much information at one sitting.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

tough choice because none of the three sound all that compelling - I already know the trouble with Easter, I hate to waste the opportunity (of having an esteemed speaker) on demographics, and the third sounds like a question that can be answered pretty easily/quickly.