November 2010 Freethinker Meeting

Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

November 2010 Freethinker Meeting

Post by Dardedar »

Freethinkers! It's time for our November meeting of the Fayetteville
Freethinkers, our last meeting of the year. It's Thanksgiving weekend, but we usually get a good turnout.
Our meeting gives you a chance to get away from the pesky relatives and those well meaning (yet slightly annoying) prayers around the turkey table.

We have some interesting presentations planned. AJ is going to give his first presentation and it will be on the topic of hypnosis. Is it real or are they faking?

The Skepticon convention was this past weekend in nearby Springfield, MO.
Coltara and Phil of the NWACC secular club, the Legion of Logic, attended the convention along with several other our members. They will tell us about the highlights.

Darrel has a couple profound video clips he's been saving up all year. He anticipates they are so powerful almost all will have a spiritual experience.

Bill Harter will tell us about the recent discovery of Buckyballs in space. He'll even bring along an extra large model of one for us to see.

Along with other news, we'll talk about the details of our Humanlight Solstice Dinner on December 18.

Meeting Details:

When: Saturday, Nov. 27, 2010.

Where: The Fayetteville Public Library. 401 W. Mountain
St. (two blocks west of the town square). Library phone: 571-2222.

Time: 2:00-4:30 pm.

Room:
The Walker Room. This is the main meeting room. Go in the front door, through the lobby and go to your right.
You can bring a snack or coffee from Arsaga's in the library lobby.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/b3sfgf

We'll figure out a location for dinner after the meeting.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer