Skepticon III Springfield MO NOV 19-21, 2010

Hydro
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Skepticon

Post by Hydro »

I'm fairly new around here, but I figured I'd post the offer anyways.

I'll be traveling down to Skepticon and have room to bring 5 other people + bags with me.

Will be departing from Bentonville, but wouldn't mind swinging down through Springdale/Fayetteville to pick up people who wouldn't be able to make it there otherwise.

Just let me know
JamesH
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Skepticon III Springfield MO NOV 19-21, 2010

Post by JamesH »

All,

Here is a link to Skepticon III to be held in Springfield, MO Nov 19-21, 2010. You will need to register for this because they are running out of room for this event and they aready had to move the event to a larger place to accomidate everyone.

http://skepticon.org/

http://www.facebook.com/skepticon

It looks to be a good program for 3 days. Some of the guest speakers are Dan Barker, Dr. Richard Carrier, PZ Meyers and "The Amazing Randi" James Randi. Maybe on Friday we could try to have a Fayettville Freethinker's get together? Sherry and I will be out of town on Saturday and Sunday for family stuff but we hope to be there on Friday.

Darrel-Feel free to put this in the after meeting summary when you send that out.

Thanks,
JamesH
"Knowledge will set you free, but freedom comes with responsibilities." I know that someone had to say that before me.
Hydro

Re: Skepticon III Springfield MO NOV 19-21, 2010

Post by Hydro »

Thanks for the subject edit, guess I should have included the extra info :)
Savonarola
Mod@Large

Post by Savonarola »

Hydro wrote:Thanks for the subject edit, guess I should have included the extra info :)
You and James posted the related info in different threads, so I just combined them into the same thread. I put yours into his because his topic had more info. No worries.
--Sav, Mod@Large
Hydro

Post by Hydro »

Savonarola wrote:
Hydro wrote:Thanks for the subject edit, guess I should have included the extra info :)
You and James posted the related info in different threads, so I just combined them into the same thread. I put yours into his because his topic had more info. No worries.
--Sav, Mod@Large
Works for me
Tailbone

Post by Tailbone »

Hey! I've been registered since July after attending the SSA Conference, but sort of gave up on going due to a lack of transportation or funds. However, recently I've had a friend offer to let me stay with him while there, so if I could get a ride it would be absolutely fantastic. Sort of last notice, I know. Sorry! If there is someone who can still offer me a ride, could you shoot me a message ASAP? Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm in Bentonville also.
A Darwinist faggot as despicable as the rest, walking around eating her Triscuits.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Doug »

Tailbone wrote: Sort of last notice, I know. Sorry! If there is someone who can still offer me a ride, could you shoot me a message ASAP? Thanks!
DOUG
Darrel should be posting a general message as well as sending out an e-mail request about rides to Skepticon any day/minute now.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
barbara4455@yahoo.com

Post by barbara4455@yahoo.com »

When are you returning? I 'd be interested in carpooling, but need to return Saturday evening; I'm going up Friday and staying the night. So....? Does anyone want to go with me Friday and come back Sat.? You can call me at: (479) 643-2525. I don't check my e-mail very often, esp. because I am on dial-up and a laptop. But I'll look for a reply to this on Wednesday. Thanks. Barbara McClelland
Hydro

Post by Hydro »

It's unfortunate, but I've had some recent medical issues (has kept me from the general meetings) and I am having a cardiac electrophysiology study done in Kansas City Friday and will not be able to attend Skepticon as I had planned.

I'm very sorry, I hadn't thought of posting here as a follow up because as of a few weeks ago there didn't seem to be much interest.

my apologies to anyone who may have been thinking of planning on me
SherryH

Post by SherryH »

Our family function was changed. It was last weekend, not this upcoming one - and happily our work schedules cooperated, so James and I plan to be at most of the events.

We donated "freaked-out flyer miles" and are bringing guest speaker David Fitzgerald to Skepticon. Doing these things in the name of critical thinkers everywhere is a nice little side benefit of my husband's job! Last year, we got another speaker here the same way.

We hope to see all you Fayetteville Freethinkers who are making the trip. Drive carefully!
realitygenerator

Post by realitygenerator »

I have 5 open seats in my Mini Van and I'll be heading that way shortly after 5pm Friday the 19th. If interested in throwing in on gas, see my craigslist post here-
http://fayar.craigslist.org/rid/2066156632.html

Put freethinker in the subject line of the reply email and I'll give you priority because you found it here.
To the rational mind there is no such thing as inexplicable, only unexplained- Tom Baker as Dr.Who.