tv show

juju
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

tv show

Post by juju »

Hey guys,

I am tossing around the idea of doing an atheist tv show on the Fayetteville public access station with some of the guys from the Rogers meetup group. I was wondering if you guys would be interested that? We just sit around and chat in our group, but you guys have been doing presentations for several years now. Maybe we could put some of those presentations on camera?

Just a thought at this point, but I think it'd be fun.

-- Donald
Dardedar
Site Admin

Re: tv show

Post by Dardedar »

Absolutely. Just say when and we'll be there (if our schedule allows). Are you a producer? It's also fun to set up a phone line and take phone calls.

D.
juju

Post by juju »

That's exactly what I was thinking, Darrell. I don't know if they can take calls at the studio, but I'm going to find out.

No, I'm not a producer yet, but Ian and I are thinking of going through the training and getting certification.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

They can take calls. We've done about three shows that way.

I became a producer years ago but, while being on several shows, have never produced anything. They were just changing over from the old gear so what they taught me was obsolete pretty quick.
juju

Post by juju »

Well, I'm going to try to get through the producer training next month. I've setup a meetup for the first class on Oct. 7th. Several others from the Rogers Meetup group have agreed to go through the training with me as well. Here is the link if anyone else is interested:

http://www.meetup.com/FreethoughtNWA-Ro ... /11487912/

Technical details aside, what kinds of presentations do you have already? What's the length of your typical talk? I'm thinking a 30 minute show probably, since we have no experience and will probably be terrible at it. But if you need longer, we could stretch it on the days you were there.
Doug

Post by Doug »

DOUG writes:

Televangelist Benny Hinn will be in the hot seat tomorrow night (Monday, Oct. 19th) on an edition of Nightline. It's on ABC. Here it's on channel 40/29 at 10:35pm.

There was a tantalizing preview on the ABC News Sunday night. Hinn admits that he has no scientific evidence that he's ever healed anyone. The interviewer is hard-hitting and did his homework. He confronts Hinn with the case of a little boy who was "healed" of blindness onstage at a Hinn event, only to remain blind to this day as he's interviewed by ABC. Hinn admits he made a mistake. He claims God is in charge of the healings, so that he (Hinn) is off the hook.

It looks like a pretty good show.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."