Psychic Uri Geller Loses Claim to Elvis's Home

Freethinker jokes, anecdotes, etc.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Psychic Uri Geller Loses Claim to Elvis's Home

Post by Doug »

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Celebrity psychic Uri Geller and two partners have lost a federal lawsuit claiming the former owners of Elvis Presley's pre-Graceland house breached an eBay contract to sell the Memphis home.

"Lawsuits are my new career!"

Geller, who gained fame in the 1970s for his alleged power to bend spoons and other objects with his mind, and his partners bid $905,100 for the ranch-style home in a 2006 auction by owners Cindy Hazen and Mike Freeman.

But the deal fell apart. Hazen said Geller's group altered terms of the real estate deal so that it was unacceptable. Geller said Hazen and Freeman reneged on the deal in order to sell it for more to Nashville record producer Mike Curb, who bought the house for $1 million.

See here.

Hazen said, "I'm relieved that this is all over and, given that Uri and his partners were malicious, I am delighted that Mike Curb and Rhodes College own the property."

And here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

DAR
Geller is a world class prick.