Transformers Fans: New Terrorist Group?

Freethinker jokes, anecdotes, etc.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Transformers Fans: New Terrorist Group?

Post by Doug »

Airport guards have stopped a man boarding a plane for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.
Brad Jayakody, 30, was told he had to change his T-shirt if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow's Terminal 5.

His top showed the Transformers film character Optimus Prime holding a gun.

Mr Jayakody, an IT consultant, was scheduled to board the British Airways plane to Dusseldorf, Germany, with four work colleagues.

"My mate set off the alarms and was searched. But then the guy told me to stop and said 'you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt'" he said.

Mr Jayakody, from Bayswater, West London was then threatened with arrest after he asked to see the security chief.

He said: "It's a cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

"I was flabbergasted. I thought the supervisor would come over and see sense, but he didn't. After I changed he said if I changed back I would be arrested."
A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

rubbar

Post by rubbar »

Clearly optimus prime is an Orange level threat to our American way of life. And clearly because Opt. Prime is brandishing a weapon it is either A) Gang Paraphernalia or B) Associated with a terrorist cell. Therefore this man must be dealt with in a harsh, bigoted manner.
LaWood

Post by LaWood »

I feel so secure now. I just cannot imagine the bravery it takes to be an airport security agent these days. The last time I entered a terminal they sure protected me from an 81 year old suspicious looking woman. Although she was in a wheel chair there was no telling how many passengers she could have harmed with those stuffed animals she claimed were for her grandchildren!!! The security searchers gave her a good going over. We all flew better after that.