Coulter to speak at WAC Feb. 15

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Barbara Fitzpatrick

franken & stein

Post by Barbara Fitzpatrick »

You're right, they did "balance" the ticket - They can't do that with Coulter - she'd foam at the mouth so much she wouldn't be able to talk.

As to Stein's comments on Katrina - MSM ran all that nasty blather so the NRA could come out with stories of why everybody should pack heat - they've already started a "Remember New Orleans" campaign. I'd love the actual stats of guns picked up (and circumstances) - we already know all the tales of murders in the stadium are bunk - no bodies with bullets in them were found at all & there were only 6 dead (of more or less natural causes - natural to the circumstances) altogether if you include 2 in the parking lot. I could use some "ammo" against Miss Anne's "Remember New Orleans" posts, but my search skills on the net are less than good - I pulled up way too many hits, and couldn't figure out how to narrow the search to myths-New Orleans-guns. Oh well. You'd think pro law-n-order conservatives would be worried about cops getting shot in the line of duty, but apparently au contraire.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

BARB
I'd love the actual stats of guns picked up (and circumstances) - we already know all the tales of murders in the stadium are bunk

DAR
Right. This was classic telephone game syndrome and similar to the way we got the gospels. As the saying goes:

The flying rumors gather'd as they roll'd
Scarce any tale was sooner heard than told;
And all who told it added something new,
And all who heard it made enlargements too.
--Alexander Pope

BARB
I could use some "ammo" against Miss Anne's "Remember New Orleans" posts, but my search skills on the net are less than good

DAR
Poor Anne. For someone so well armed it is a shame to see her so defenseless when it comes to her beliefs.

We really should take some time, some time, to share internet search skills. It wouldn't even take very long. Tamara and I are going to have another party/get together at our house on Saturday the 25th. This will be after the Freethinker meeting at the library. Everyone is welcome. More details to follow.

If anyone isn't on our freethinker list and would like to get on it, send a note to:

fayfreethinkers@yahoo.com

You will get one or two emails per month with a notice of the meetings and the latest freethinker news.

D.
-------------------------
"From the dawn of civilization onwards, crowds have always undergone the influence of illusions...The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy illusions is always their victim." --Gustave Le Bon, The Crowd, (Satanic Panic:The Creation of a Contemporary Legend, Jeffery S. Victor, pg. 27)
Doug

Post by Doug »

Darrel wrote:
DAR
Stein a moderate conservative? Hmmmm... not in my experience. Unpredictable perhaps, and certainly more funny and intelligent than conservatives can usually muster. Perhaps he seems moderate now because we are so over run with extreme rightwing nutbars.
DOUG
Yes, Stein is a Right Winger, but he did say a few things during the Franken-Stein debate that suggested that he does not ALWAYS run the conservative list of talking points. Even hardline Reagan conservatives are appalled by what Bush is doing.

That Stein said such rubbish about the Katrina disaster makes me quite sure I can never have much respect for the guy. Unless he atones in a big way. And here I had already forgiven him for Nixon!
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
BETSY B

Post by BETSY B »

WELL, did anybody go? Anything interesting happen? Did the jug get any donations?
(I AM Rick Baber, dammit!

Post by (I AM Rick Baber, dammit! »

No donations that I know of Betsy. I drove by the WAC earlier in the day and the jug was not where I had left it. Of course, the possibility exists that somebody took it into the lobby where everybody could see it, but, somehow, I doubt that.
Doug

Post by Doug »

(I AM Rick Baber, dammit! wrote:No donations that I know of Betsy. I drove by the WAC earlier in the day and the jug was not where I had left it. Of course, the possibility exists that somebody took it into the lobby where everybody could see it, but, somehow, I doubt that.
DOUG
It was sent to Cheney to use as a beer container.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
I AM NOT RICK BABER

Post by I AM NOT RICK BABER »

Hey Rick, you have to LOG IN or it won't let you use your member name. No, not THAT member name. The one you log in with. No, I mean...dammit...