Revenge of the Reality-Based Community

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
David Franks
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by David Franks »

My life on the Republican right—and how I saw it all go wrong.
By Bruce Bartlett • November 26, 2012

"I know that it’s unattractive and bad form to say “I told you so” when one’s advice was ignored yet ultimately proved correct. But in the wake of the Republican election debacle, it’s essential that conservatives undertake a clear-eyed assessment of who on their side was right and who was wrong. Those who were wrong should be purged and ignored; those who were right, especially those who inflicted maximum discomfort on movement conservatives in being right, ought to get credit for it and become regular reading for them once again.

"I’m not going to beat around the bush and pretend I don’t have a vested interest here. Frankly, I think I’m at ground zero in the saga of Republicans closing their eyes to any facts or evidence that conflict with their dogma. Rather than listen to me, they threw me under a bus. To this day, I don’t think they understand that my motives were to help them avoid the permanent decline that now seems inevitable...."

Complete article at
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... community/

What a turnaround. Mr. Bartlett's credentials and eventual seeing the light are both that much more impressive when in each other's company.
"Debating with a conservative is like cleaning up your dog's vomit: It is an inevitable consequence of your association, he isn't much help, and it makes very clear the fact that he will swallow anything."