Herman Cain Speaking in Springdale

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
John Galt

Herman Cain Speaking in Springdale

Post by John Galt »

Presidential candidate Herman Cain will provide the keynote address for Washington County Republican Committee’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 27, 2011 at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 1500 South 48th Street, Springdale.

About Herman Cain
Herman Cain grew up in Atlanta, Georgia with loving parents and little else. His father worked three jobs—as a janitor, a barber and a chauffeur—and his mother was a domestic worker. Even though these jobs required hard work and little glamour, his parents knew this life was better than the dirt farms upon which they grew up. They also knew that this hard work was the key to achieving their American Dreams.

Herman’s parents had two dreams. First, they wanted to own their own house. Secondly, they wanted both of their children to graduate from college. During the segregation era in the Deep South, these aspirations might have seemed lofty, but they knew that if they kept their faith in God, faith in themselves and faith in the greatest country on the Earth, they could achieve.
The first dream was realized in a modest brick house on Albert Street in Atlanta, Georgia. After years of saving from his many jobs, Herman’s father surprised the whole family, even his wife, by purchasing a home for their family. The second dream was realized when Herman graduated from Morehouse College with a degree in mathematics in 1967. His brother, Thurman, would go on to graduate from Morris Brown College.

Inspired by the work ethic and character of his parents, Herman continued his education by earning his Master’s degree in computer science from Purdue University while working full-time developing fire control systems for ships and fighter planes for the Department of the Navy. Though Herman enjoyed using his talents as a civilian employee for the Navy, he gravitated towards the culture of business.

Herman returned to his home of Atlanta to begin working as a computer systems analyst for the Coca-Cola Company. After considerable success at Coca-Cola, he moved to the Pillsbury Company. Within a short period of time, Herman rose to position of Vice President. Although the comforts of a corner office on the 31st floor of a majestic corporate building seemed satisfying, Herman knew that he needed a challenge.

He became the regional vice president of Pillsbury’s Burger King division. This meant starting from the “ground up,” dodging grease fires and broiling hamburgers. Herman was assigned to lead a low performing region of 450 of their restaurants. Within three years, it became the best performing region in the company.

Energized by overcoming the many obstacles of his job at Burger King, Herman took on the biggest challenge of his career. He accepted the call to become the President and CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, a company that was teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. In just 14 months, Herman returned Godfather’s to profitability and he led his management team to a buyout of the company.
His professional successes garnered the respect and admiration of industry peers who named him the President of the National Restaurant Association. Under Herman’s administration, the group grew significantly and began to lobby for the interests of America’s restaurateurs and small business owners.

In 1994, as head of the National Restaurant Association, he had the opportunity to speak with President Clinton during a nationally televised town hall meeting. Here, Herman challenged the President regarding the impact on businesses if his health care overhaul proposal were passed. President Clinton attempted to assure him and the millions of viewers watching at home that his legislation would not harm American business owners and their employees.

Herman was skeptical. “Quite honestly Mr. President, your calculations are incorrect,” he said. “In the competitive marketplace, it simply doesn’t work that way.” His words echoed across America, and Newsweek named Herman Cain the primary saboteur of Hillarycare.
Through these and other appearances on behalf of the National Restaurant Association, Herman began working with business leaders across all sectors of the American economy. This led to his acceptance of a position on the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, and he was subsequently elected their chairman. In this role, he analyzed economic conditions in the region and notified the Federal Reserve of how their policies should respond.

Most recently, he hosted a radio talk show, “The Herman Cain Show,” on Atlanta’s WSB 750 AM/ 95.5 FM. He serves as a regular contributor on several broadcast networks and as a keynote speaker at conferences and events around the nation.
Despite the many professional commitments of his life, Herman continues to enjoy most the time spent with family and friends. As his children got married and had their own children, he knew that he had an extraordinary obligation to do what he could to make this a safe and prosperous nation for them. The paramount joys in his life are his wife, Gloria, his children and his grandchildren.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: Herman Cain Speaking in Springdale

Post by Dardedar »

Never heard of him.

Oh look at that, he's a black republican, and thus a considerable portion of the entire black republican leadership. Well, that would be appropriate, Demo's have Hillary, so republicans run a Palin. Demo's have Obama, so republicans hold up Michael Steele. Perhaps "John Galt" can provide us a list of black republicans currently elected to the house and senate? Let me do it for him, here's a complete list:
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Doug

Post by Doug »

Cain is a buffoon. No one of intelligence can take him seriously.

He promised that, if elected president, he would never sign a bill longer than 3 pages.
See here.
Then he had to take it back when people pointed out that the promise makes him look like an idiot.
After it was pointed out to him that defense appropriations bills, the Civil Rights Act, the Patriot Act and the Fair Tax proposal at the center of his economic policy all exceed three pages, Cain told CBSNews.com Senior Political Reporter Brian Montopoli, "Brian, that was an exaggeration."
"It was an exaggeration to drive home a point: I want short bills," he said.
See here.

Cain also said he would never appoint a Muslim to a cabinet post or to the position of federal judge.
See here.
And here.
After catching a lot of heat for those remarks, he said he would be willing to appoint a Muslim, but only after requiring a special loyalty oath.
See here.
Cain also said that communities should have the right to ban mosques.
See here.
After catching more heat, he apologized to Muslim leaders.
See here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

Doug wrote:Cain is a buffoon.
Well of course, Doug; why else would Galt like him?
Doug wrote:No one of intelligence can take him seriously.
But hardly anyone of intelligence is a Republican, which means that Cain still stands a chance in primaries.
... Well, except for the whole "being black" thing, because even Obama-envy won't eliminate most Republicans' racism.
L.Wood

Post by L.Wood »

Cain uses FOX News as a source- giving him a good case of Ailesitis a disorder wherein entertainment-shock value replaces facts.

"There's this creeping attempt, there's this attempt, to gradually ease Shariah Law, and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government" and he went on to cite court cases in Oklahoma and New Jersey as evidence.
Those cases were reported on Fox News. August 6, 2010 here.
"Blessed is the Lord for he avoids Evil just like the Godfather, he delegates."
Betty Bowers
TattooTan

Post by TattooTan »

I don't get you guys- I made a huge mistake voting for Obama- In hindsight- what were we thinking? He is completely unqualified and a real buffoon to boot. He can't speak without a teleprompter- yet you guys ridicule an accomplished black man like Herman Cain because you disagree with him. It is pretty clear that you folks are the racists. ZERO jobs created after Obama has spent trillions. He has lost my vote- I used to think I was a liberal commie like you guys- until I lost my job. We can't afford you people any more. The nonsense I read on this board blows my mind.
Doug

Post by Doug »

TattooTan wrote:I don't get you guys- I made a huge mistake voting for Obama- In hindsight- what were we thinking? He is completely unqualified and a real buffoon to boot. He can't speak without a teleprompter
I've never met, or heard of, anyone who voted for Obama that is so stupid as to believe the "can't speak without a teleprompter" nonsense. I also note that you called Obama a buffoon--after I noted that Cain is a buffoon. This kind of childish copycat writing is also indicative of simple-mindedness.

I've also never met an honest Obama-hater.

I conclude, then, that you are lying about having voted for Obama.
TattooTan wrote:...yet you guys ridicule an accomplished black man like Herman Cain because you disagree with him. It is pretty clear that you folks are the racists.
Note that I did not just ridicule him. I CITED EVIDENCE showing that Cain is ridiculous. I see you have not even attempted to show that my evidence fails to prove what I said: that Cain is a buffoon. It is not racism, it is observation, that prompts the response that Cain cannot be taken seriously by anyone of intelligence.
TattooTan wrote: ZERO jobs created after Obama has spent trillions.
No, the stimulus worked. See the relevant thread here on our board for evidence of that too.
TattooTan wrote:He has lost my vote-
He never had your vote.
TattooTan wrote: I used to think I was a liberal commie like you guys- until I lost my job. We can't afford you people any more. The nonsense I read on this board blows my mind.
I know many, many liberals, but very, very few commies. The foolish claim that all liberals are commies is also something no liberal, even former liberal, would make. This is more evidence that you are lying about your alleged former affiliation. You don't seem to know anything about Obama, the economy, or liberals. You're the perfect Cain voter!
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

TattooTan wrote: [Obama] is completely unqualified and a real [insult] to boot.
If you have any complaints based upon substance, perhaps you should try using those.
He can't speak without a teleprompter-
Try not to be so gullible. The whole teleprompter thing was without substance and was a rightwing lie from the beginning:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/03/08 ... ter-story/
you guys ridicule an accomplished black man like Herman Cain...
I only ridiculed the fact that the republican party blatantly holds him up as a facade to distract from the fact that they have nearly no support from the African American community.
ZERO jobs created after Obama has spent trillions.
More jobs were been created under Obama in 12 months, than your Bush in his eight years. Bush lost 4 million jobs in his last year. Bush's great recession lost more jobs than the previous three recessions *combined.* When Obama took over Bush was losing 800,000 jobs per month (for a net job loss of almost a million per month). Observe:

Obama spending can be viewed here. Notice it's $1.4 trillion and most of that is directly for the purpose of cleaning up Bush mess.
He has lost my vote-
This is no loss since as Doug pointed out, he never had your vote.
The nonsense I read on this board blows my mind.
It didn't take much of a breeze to do that.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
L.Wood

Post by L.Wood »

Tattoo
In hindsight- what were we thinking? He is completely unqualified and a real buffoon to boot.
Just for purposes of spectulation, where would be be now with McCain and Palin? Other than at war with Iran and readying another 150K troops to
fight there for 12 years, where would we be?
Trouble is I've been around long enough to know that nobody wins when they follow a losing presidency to office. Jimmy Carter followed back to back losing Republicans into office. Bill Clinton had to fight to stay in office after following a losing Republican into office and Repubs spent 90% of their time trying to evict him. Yet, by raising revenues, which infuriated the Right, he was able to set the economy on a prosperous course.
Republicans are the disaster party today. They're either busy creating disasters themselves as in Bush/Cheney or busy trying to oust anyone who's attempting to clean up previous Republican disasters. A few decades ago those now leading the Party were referred to as "reactionary."

"Blessed is the Lord for he avoids Evil just like the Godfather, he delegates."
Betty Bowers
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Right on 3 months ago, above, I said I had never heard of Herman Cain and that was true. Now, we are just a short while away from going back to that most pleasant situation. He lasted longer than I thought he would, but its been nice to see him go out with a bang. Like a firework.

Andy Borowitz, from the Borowitz Report (I chose the pic):

A Farewell from Herman Cain
My Final Thoughts

Dear Friend,

And when I say “friend,” I mean it in the normal way, not “someone I’ve been sleeping with for 13 years.” Unless, of course, I have been sleeping with you for 13 years. In that case, I do mean it that way.

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to end my inspirational quest for the White House. After much reassessing and reconsidering, I have decided to spend more time being screamed at by my wife. And by “more time,” I mean 24 hours a day, stopping only for bathroom breaks.

But before I go, let me share with you my final thoughts on my campaign. After months of crisscrossing this great land of ours and participating in over three hundred televised debates, I am being disqualified because of an extramarital affair. And that raises the following question: are you fucking kidding me?

I mean, let’s get real. I never heard of Libya. I didn’t know whether that CNN dude’s name was Wolf or Blitz. And my only training for running the #1 nation in the world was running its #8 pizza chain. Yet none of that, I repeat, none of that disqualified me. In fact, I was the front-fucking-runner, as long as I kept my 9-9-9 in my pants. (I have no idea what I meant by that -- I just like saying 9-9-9.)

But here’s the part that really kills me. You’re kicking me to the curb because I was messing around, and instead you’re going with… Newt Gingrich? I repeat: are you fucking kidding me? Oh, I know what you’re saying: you love Newt because he’s an “intellectual.” Well, Newt Gingrich is the intellectual of the Republican field the way Moe was the intellectual of the Stooges.

And that leads me to my final point: you disgust me, America. Right now if I had my way, I’d up and move to another country. I really, truly would. Only I don’t know where any of them are, and my wife won’t let me leave the house.

Goodbye forever,

Herman

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox for free here.

Tyson doing Cain here.