OMG, Muslims are raping everyone in Europe!

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

OMG, Muslims are raping everyone in Europe!

Post by Dardedar »

Anatomy of a debunk.

Someone on Facebook posts this article
ALL (YES ALL) THE RAPES IN NORWAY IN THE LAST 5 YEARS WERE COMMITTED BY MUSLIM IMMIGRANTS
05-29-2011 - Marc Schenker

All rapes in Norway over last 5 years committed by Muslims. A shocking report released by police in Oslo, Norway, has concluded that all cases of rape over the last 5 years in the country have been perpetrated by Muslim men. This report was released just a couple of days ago, and it has been all but ignored in the American media despite its very important implications. The report confirms that there is a Muslim problem not just in the world in general, as Bill O’Reilly is fond of saying, but in Western European countries like Norway where the Muslim immigrant population does not assimilate to the ways of the Western world.

More specifically, the report released by the police reveals that there were 86 cases of sexual assault (rape, essentially) that happened in Oslo between 2005 and 2010. In a staggering 83 cases, all of the men were reported by their female victims as having a “non-Western” appearance... [snip]

My responses, on Facebook:

Okay, the internet is awash in this claim of a rape wave going on in Norway/Sweden etc. However, every site peddling this that I've checked so far, is flaky. Very very flaky.
Here is a site that looks at the issue in depth. I gave it a good skim, and it is about what I would expect. The conclusion:

CONCLUSIONS
My main conclusions, though, are:
(1) There is no correlation country-wide between immigrants and rapes
(2) Northern Norway is overrepresented in rape statistics (up to twice the national average)
(3) Norway is much safer than Iceland
(4) In Oslo, ethnic Norwegians are underrepresented, both among rapists and rape victims
(5) In Oslo, asylum seekers are overrepresented among rapists
(6) In Oslo, immigrant women are much more likely to be victims of rape

http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2007/ ... -much.html

DAR
So my preliminary guess here is that there might be a slight, very slight bump among the immigrant community in this area. A very slight over representation in the rape stats. And some rightwingers have taken that and completely made up this nonsense about a "rape wave." And the headline in the above post (the top), is completely, utterly ludicrous and false. Just immigrant bashing getting passed around.

***Next...

Amazing. This stuff is passed around, copy cat, on FAR right wing conspiracy sites everywhere (can't believe I haven't seen it before). Then they complain that the mainstream press is ignoring it. Which they are. Because it's complete rubbish. It's so false, no serious people will even bother to debunk it. I think this quote sums it up:

"It's the OLDEST propaganda tool in history!!!!
Always claim the enemy is raping and denigrating your women to swell the anger of men! It works!

The problem is freepers believe one of these claims..." and then pass it around.

Hundreds of sites passing it along, not one serious news site referring to it. Crap! (but I'll keep looking)

***Next...

Bingo, found the debunk.
2) SEXUAL OFFENCES IN NORWAY IN 2004

One argument commonly posted on the web to smear Norway's muslims with the label of 'rapists' is based on the following misrepresentation of the facts - the allegation that NON-WESTERN IMMIGRANTS (synonymous with Muslims, since they comprise the majority of this group) are responsible for 65% of rapes.

Let's check the maths.

(Statistic Norway 2004)
All Sexual offences in Norway = 571 in 2004
By Norwegians 511 (89%)
By Western Immigrants 27 (5%)
By NON-WESTERN IMMIGRANTS 33 (6%)

Those who wish to smear muslims quote 65% of rapes. The official 2004 statistics indicate 6% of sexual offences by NON-WESTERN IMMIGRANTS... or 33 sex crimes in total across the whole country.

Does that sound like an epidemic?

When you find out the real numbers, the lies, damn lies and distortion created by misquoted percentages becomes clear. What may have started its life, in fact, as an honest calculation of 6.5%, has been misread/ misprinted as 65% and grabbed as proof of a muslim rape epidemic by European anti-muslim propagandists. Its repetition ad nauseum across the net reinforces the perception that it must be accurate, when readily available government records prove it to be a classic example of 'lies, damn lies, and statistics'.

Moral of the story - When you are GIVEN PERCENTAGES, DEMAND TO SEE THE NUMBERS they were derived from. Nothing less will bring you closer to the truth..."

http://www.ablemesh.co.uk/thoughtsmusli ... pists.html
The actual stats supporting the above:

http://www.ssb.no/english/subjects/03/0 ... 44-en.html

Conclusion: The headline, the article, the claim, is completely, utterly, false. It's 100%, rightwing, conspiracy "those brown people are coming to rape our women" nonsense.

So I learned something tonight. Put the words: "muslim rape europe" into google (no quotes) and you will see how far and wide this ridiculous falsehood is spread. Unbelievable.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
DebunkerTruther
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Re: OMG, Muslims are raping everyone in Europe!

Post by DebunkerTruther »

Sweden's skyrocketing rape trends conmited against Swedish Nordic women. From Wikipedia:"In 2009 there were 15,700[4] reported sexual offenses in Sweden, a rise of 8% compared to 2008, of which 5,940 were rape and sexual harassment (including exhibitionism) accounted for 7,590 reports.[1] In April 2009, it was reported that sex crimes had increased by 58% over the previous ten years.[5] According to a 2009 European Union study, Sweden has one of the highest rates of reported rape in Europe.[6]"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_S ... harassment)
Finlands official statistics:****** According to official statistics, 27.0% of rapes have been committed by foreigners in Finland, who comprise 2.2% of population.[5] In contrast, the rape support helpline Tukinainen reports that 6% of all callers and 11% of 10–20-year-old callers say that the rapist was a foreigner***** (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_F ... ite_note-6)
Also, they target younger women " some 12% of women between 10 and 20 years of age have met their assailant only shortly before the attack. Of these cases, a substantial number - 40% - feature a foreigner in the rapist role."(http://www2.hs.fi/english/archive/news. ... 0000822xx3)
Curiously,Norways crime stats are omitted from Wikipedia. You have to go manually through Crime:Sexual Assualt:Rape:Laws Regarding Rape:Norway to find where it says,predictably :"It has been claimed that, since 2006, all rapes in Oslo have been committed by persons of foreign background.[28] However, a Norwegian police study from May 2011 shows that of the 131 individuals charged with 152 recorded rapes in Oslo in 2010, 54.2% were of Norwegian, other European or American origin, while 45.8% were of African, Middle Eastern or Asian origin. The study concludes: "Gross generalizations that have given the impression that the rapists are only foreigners – and largely Muslim – prove inadequate and erroneous."[29]"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_rape#Norway)
Easily shown to be misleading pro-multicult language-out of the 11% of the population,roughly 550,000 people,  who are now immigrants in Norway, Muslims make up:consist between 2.0% and 3.4% of the population."Scholarly estimates regarding the number of people of Islamic background in Norway vary between 120,000 (2005) and 163,000 (2009)."(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Norway)
Outrageously,for Norway, the MSM has -nothing- on the recent wave of sexual assaults being perpetrated by Muslims,except for the Wikipedia entry that tries to deny the crisis.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

Thank you for underlining my point "DebunkerTruther." When people read stuff on the internet, and then pass it around without careful investigation, they get the racist junk you just passed along in your post (which is largely, if not completely cut and paste from wikipedia and a few other places).

Surprise surprise, these "rapist truthers" are uploading this junk to wikipedia. Let's unpack a bit:
sexual offenses in Sweden, a rise of 8% compared to 2008 ... In April 2009, it was reported that sex crimes had increased by 58% over the previous ten years.
Big deal. Crime regularly goes up and down by much more than that.
Curiously,Norways crime stats are omitted from Wikipedia.
It's a conspiracy!
Regarding Rape:Norway to find where it says,predictably...
This is where you then go on to quote the debunk I found and posted above, showing I guess, that you didn't read it.
Easily shown to be misleading pro-multicult language...
If it's easy to show, then you should try and show it, and with something beyond your mere assertion.
Outrageously,for Norway, the MSM has -nothing- on the recent wave of sexual assaults being perpetrated by Muslims,...
You are just passing along the same crap I debunked in my post above.
except for the Wikipedia entry that tries to deny the crisis.
Wrong. Had you read my debunk provided above, or even the debunk you cut and pasted from wiki, you would know that your claim regarding Norway is false based upon data from Statistics Norway. The wiki rebuttal you posted, but try to denigrate, is right.

Might be an idea that read your own material more carefully before you post.
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

They Muslims Be RAPIN' ERBODY! Bet you this guy was a muslim! I work with a few muslims...I hope the don't rape me....well...one of them can rape me....but only the hot one:) Be that as it may, they be rapin' erbody up in here...George Carlin was right...rape can be the source of humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBBe0X813z4

So, the lesson to be learned here is that rape statistics can be dramatically reduced by bringing in muslim immigrants. We don't know how it works, but seems that all the white people are so afraid of muslims that they will not go out to rape erbody if there are muslim immigrants about:)