Political Quotes of the Day

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Post by Dardedar »

"I have been called…dumb, crazy man, science abuser, Holocaust denier, villain of the month, hate-filled, warmonger, Neanderthal, Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun.
And I can tell you that I wear some of those titles proudly."

-- Sen. James Inhofe

I wonder which ones?
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Coulter defends her comment referring to Edwards as a "faggot":

"What I was saying right there was for conservatives to not let the mainstream media describe us as anti gay and oppose Mitt Romney's policies for being pro-gay," Coulter said.

What Coulter was actually saying right there: "I was going to have some comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you say the word faggot -- so I am kind of at an impasse."

link

Last edited by Dardedar on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Latest batch of Bush bits:

"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it." --George W. Bush, interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

"I think that the vice president is a person reflecting a half-glass-full mentality." --George W. Bush, interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006
video clip

"And truth of the matter is, a lot of reports in Washington are never read by anybody. To show you how important this one is, I read it, and our guest read it." --George W. Bush, on the Baker-Hamilton Report, appearing with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

Maria Bartiromo: "I'm curious, have you ever googled anybody? Do you use Google?"
President Bush: "Occasionally. One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps. It's very interesting to see -- I've forgot the name of the program -- but you get the satellite, and you can -- like, I kinda like to look at the ranch. It remind me of where I wanna be sometimes." --interview with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo, Oct. 24, 2006

"We're never been stay the course, George." --George W. Bush, attempting to distance himself from what has been his core strategy in Iraq for the last three years, interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, Oct. 22, 2006

"This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th." --George W. Bush, on the fiscal year that ended on Sept. 30, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006 (Watch video clip)

Doug

Post by Doug »

Darrel wrote:"What I was saying right there was for conservatives to not let the mainstream media describe us as anti gay and oppose Mitt Romney's policies for being pro-gay," Coulter said.link
DOUG
That Salon article was pretty good. Note how Coulter is saying that her "faggot" comment was intended to set the record straight about how the GOP views gay rights.

But, oddly, she also said:
"'Faggot' isn't offensive to gays; it has nothing to do with gays," Coulter said. "It's a schoolyard taunt meaning 'wuss,' and unless you're telling me that John Edwards is gay, it was not applied to a gay person."
So if the comment had "nothing to do with gays," how is it intended to show the "true" GOP position on gays?

Interestingly, Salon notes:
One small sign of shame: As late as yesterday, Coulter's photo was one of several at the top of CPAC's Web site. As of this morning, it's gone, replaced by a stock photo of Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback.
Maybe Coulter is finally going to pay for her bigotry and ignorance?
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Doug wrote: Maybe Coulter is finally going to pay for her bigotry and ignorance?
DAR
Here is something she will respect:

Companies to pull ads from Coulter's Web site

cnn.com

Excerpt:
At least three major companies want their ads pulled from Ann Coulter's Web site, following complaints about the bitch calling John Edwards as a "faggot."

Verizon, Sallie Mae and NetBank said they didn't know their ads were on AnnCoulter.com until they received the complaints.

A diarist at the liberal blog DailyKos.com posted contact information for dozens of companies with ads on Coulter's site after she made her crude and vulgar remarks about Edwards.

"One of the best ways to communicate one's distaste for Coulter's repeated incidents of hate speech is to let her advertisers know you are troubled by their support of bigotry," a blogger wrote on DailyKos.
Doug

Limbaugh Appeals to Child Molestation Analogy

Post by Doug »

See here. A selection from Limbaugh's radio show when he heard of Libby's convictions:
I paraphrase (pretty close to the original): "This is the best news for Republicans and conservatives there could be. All conservatives will now circle the wagons, after going dormant last fall for whatever reason. [Right, I simply cannot imagine what that reason might be.] The more the Democrats and liberals gloat, the better news it is for us. They are POKING THE BEAR! They'll be SORRY!!"
...Is Rush intentionally referencing the infamous sex scene in Libby's book?
At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest.
See here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"Well, I think Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States. […] Everything is a lie."

--Donald Trump see video clip

"Even if we had a million men to go in, it's too late now.
Humpty Dumpty can't be put back together again."
-- Retired four-star Gen. Tony McPeak, Joint Chiefs member during the Gulf War, on Iraq,
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"I think what this president has done to America's position in the world is unconscionable and will take years to undo after 2008, provided we don't plunge into some terrible expanded conflict before he leaves office. And what concerns me the most about Iraq is now that it is no longer a war of national interest. It's a war of presidential hubris and has the potential for expanding into Iran."
--Jimmy Carter's National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"People are really angry about a web site that encourages people to vote for the worst singer. This is not a joke. We're voting for the next 'American Idol' here. This is not some kind of game. I know it was funny when we reelected President Bush, but this is serious." -- Jimmy Kimmel
Doug

Post by Doug »

[quote="Darrel"]"Well, I think Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States. […] Everything is a lie."

--Donald Trump see video clip

DOUG
I just saw that clip this morning.

I didn't used to really care about Trump one way or the other. Now I like the guy.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"Rumsfeld was admitted to a DC hospital yesterday for a heart procedure. They said this is the first time that a patient had more blood on his hands than the surgeon." -- Bill Maher
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Excerpt from Tom Delay's new book:

"I believe it was Adolf Hitler who first acknowledged that the big lie is more effective than the little lie, because the big lie is so audacious, such an astonishing immorality, that people have a hard time believing anyone would say it if it wasn't true. You know, the big lie — like the Holocaust never happened or dark-skinned people are less intelligent than light-skinned people. Well, by charging this big lie" — that DeLay violated campaign-finance laws in Texas — "liberals have finally joined the ranks of scoundrels like Hitler."

LINK
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"You've been so extreme in some of your expressions that you're losing some of your own people," announced Sen. James Inhofe (Okla.), the committee's ranking Republican and the man who has called man-made global warming "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people."

Inhofe informed Gore that scientists are "radically at odds with your claims." Displaying a photograph of icicles in Buffalo, Inhofe demanded: "How come you guys never seem to notice it when it gets cold? . . . Where is global warming when you really need it?"

Washington Post

Fellow named Dave observes:
"Inhofe thinks that icicles in Buffalo means there is no global warming.
Is it really possible to be this stupid?"
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"Is Al Gonzales "attorney general" in the same way
a homeless man is "mayor of the park?"
-- Jon Stewart
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Good little 5 min video clip:

The Crier Wire: If George Were King!
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"McCain is in Iraq this week and proving the "three-months-late" media wrong. Last week he said that the surge is so promising that you can walk the streets of Baghdad safely. He reaffirmed that point at a press conference today, only he forgot to mention that you need 100 US soldiers, three blackhawk helicopters and two apache gunships watching your back. Oops."

link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Today's Republican Party:

Various Republican candidates attended a meeting of Club for Growth, and afterwards, National Review's Ramesh Ponnuru spoke to Cato Institute's President Ed Crane about what they said. This brief report from Ponnuru has:

"Crane asked if Romney believed the president should have the authority to arrest U.S. citizens with no review. Romney said he would want to hear the pros and cons from smart lawyers before he made up his mind. […] Crane said that he had asked Giuliani the same question a few weeks ago. The mayor said that he would want to use this authority infrequently."

That is the modern Republican Party. Its base, its ruling factions, simply do not believe in our most basic Constitutional guarantees. For anyone who wants to dispute that, how is it possible to reconcile the above with any claim to the contrary?

[Consider] ...Mitt Romeny is open to, and Rudy Giuliani explicitly favors, vesting themselves with the very powers that this country was founded in order to banish. One of our two major political parties believes that the U.S. President should have powers that not even the pre-Revolution British King possessed.

link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"What little credibility Gonzales had is gone. The Democrats have an especially inviting target in Gonzales. He cannot defend the administration and its policies even when they deserve defense. Alberto Gonzales should resign. The Justice Department needs a fresh start." --The Editors, right-wing National Review.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"A 'military victory' in the sense of total control over the whole territory,
imposed on the entire population, is not possible."
-- Henry Kissinger, who now knows what a quagmire looks like, link
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Not a photoshop: