Political Quotes of the Day

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: Political Quotes of the Day

Post by Dardedar »

"Hank Williams is the perfect reflection of the result of the Republican agenda of fear. Williams "hates" the president, but he really doesn't know why. When asked why he thinks the president really hates American, Williams responded with: "Oh, you know I don't know. I don't know about that but it's kind of obvious." While it's not obvious to most people, what is obvious is that Hank Williams has no clue what he is talking about."

http://www.examiner.com/article/hank-wi ... -the-koran
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"But gun enthusiasts caution against over-reacting to the massacre. Brown, of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, said he thinks citizen's access to weaponry has made the United States "a stronger country." And he doesn't see anything unusual about many of Holmes' alleged purchases.
"If I only had 6,000 rounds for my AR-15s, I'd literally feel naked," Brown said."
LINK
"I'm not a skeptic because I want to believe, I'm a skeptic because I want to know." --Michael Shermer
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"No, weakening the government doesn’t weaken the country because, to the conservative leadership, the country is made up of corporations and the wealthy. What is good for them is the only calculation that matters. Why else give tax cuts to people who clearly do not need it? Why remove every restraint imposed upon Big Business? Why cut funding for any program designed to help the less fortunate? Why break the unions?

The tax cuts are simply the wealth redistribution conservatives rail against, except in reverse. The wealth gap we are currently suffering from is at historic highs and history has shown us that this is not a sustainable course but the rich won’t suffer for it, we will. And by “we” I am also including the vast majority of conservatives who imagine themselves to be a part of that elite group: the rich people that would be so horribly taxed to pay for public parks and food for starving children aka, the top 1%. If this recession has hurt you in any way, shape or form, I have news for you: you are not in the top 1% of earners. That means your money is being taken away from you! It’s being taken away and given to the top 1% that, again, you are not a part of!

Deregulation does not help the economy, it helps the bottom line of polluters and thieves while it poisons and bankrupts us. The worship of the invisible hand is a poor joke played on those who don’t understand that times have changed. The market is no longer self-regulating (if it ever was, which is debatable). The market has been gamed for the benefit of those already on top. Companies can lie, cheat, steal, pollute, kill and maim at will with only the lightest of slaps on the wrist. The Citizens United ruling was the crown jewel of this political movement. Corporations are now the best kind of people; Able to buy elections and absolutely unaccountable for any harm they cause to others. Even Paris Hilton has spent time in jail but Bank of America can destroy the lives of millions and the CEOs collect a nice fat bonus check at the end of the year on the public’s dime. Hey, Republicans! If you can complain about your tax dollars being spent on such morally reprehensible acts like abortion, do I get to withhold my money from your fake war and corporate welfare tax cuts?"

Why Pretend That The GOP Actually Gives A Damn About You?
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Cherryj
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Cherryj »

"The Republican Party has totally abdicated its job in our democracy, which is to act as the guardian of fiscal discipline and responsibility. They're on an anti-tax jihad -- one that benefits the prosperous classes." David A. Stockman, the architect of Reaganomics.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"A 55 year old today may be on Medicare for 25 years (or 35 years total into the future.)

What happens to those people when the 54 and under crowd, who are presumed to be healthier because they are younger,
go into private plans leaving only the older, and presumably sicker, 65 and over crowd in traditional Medicare?

Answer: Medicare for those OVER 55 today fails.

Conservative mission accomplished: You're on your own!!"

Huff Po comment
supak
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by supak »

Fayettevillians! If you 've never seen John Prine, next weekend is you chance!

Darrell, I saw Prine in Albany last night. He was awesome. I don't know if that's your scene musically, but I see he's playing the roots thing there in Fayetteville next weekend...

Saturday, August 25 - Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville, AR

I started playing Prine songs when I was about 6. Big hero of mine. I worked in the industry for 20 years, did the country music awards many times, met all kinds of famous people, worked the shows of even more, and I never saw Prine live until last night. Truly awesome. Go if you can...

---

"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more."--JP
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

supak wrote:Fayettevillians! If you 've never seen John Prine, next weekend is you chance!
Thanks for the heads up Supak. I am heading down to the Walton in a while to catch the Second City comedy show tonight.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

The Rove quote is legit: LINK

The Bormann quote is too.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

L.Wood

Post by L.Wood »

For years Repubs have gone after the feminine as if she is some giant threat to be trapped, tamed and controlled using tricks
like Vaginal Probes, insinuating that all rape is not equal as if her eggs were just begging for it...Mother Nature retaliates and payback is a bitch:

"Blessed is the Lord for he avoids Evil just like the Godfather, he delegates."
Betty Bowers