Racism Against Obama

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
RobertMadewell
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Re: Racism Against Obama

Post by RobertMadewell »

Did that picture originate with Fox?

I ask because, I don't think that forwarding that is severe enough to lose your job over. Sure, it's offensive, but we need to be careful about how discipline is handed out. Remember that free speech is important. Remember Chris Comer? She was fired because she forwarded an e-mail about a lecture on evolution.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Rusty the Racist

South Carolina GOP activist and former chairman of the state elections commission Rusty DePass has apologized for saying a gorilla that escaped from a zoo was an "ancestor" of Michelle Obama.

See here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
ChristianLoeschel

Post by ChristianLoeschel »

Hmmm that statement is really only offensive if hes an evolution denier...
Doug

Post by Doug »

GOP "Spook" Photo

Sherri Goforth, a legislative staffer working for Sen. Diane Black, a Gallatin Republican, confirmed to Nashville Is Talking that she sent around an email depicting portraits of all the U.S. presidents — but on the last slot, where Barack Obama should be, there is just an empty black spot with two eyes.

Get it? Huh? Not really…

When asked whether she understood the controversial nature of sending the email on her state account, Goforth replied, “I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button … I’m very sick about it, and it’s one of those things I can’t change or take back.” Goforth told NIT she received a letter of reprimand from Sen. Black.

Here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Doug

Post by Doug »

How online racist jokes hurt S.C. GOP
State Republican leaders said they do not think online racist jokes by party activists will have a long-term impact on the party’s ability to attract black voters and candidates. But political experts and Democrats disagree.

Twice this week Republican activists have apologized for racist humor.

Wednesday, flanked by members of the NAACP, Columbia GOP activist Rusty DePass apologized for the Facebook remark that likened first lady Michelle Obama’s ancestors to an escaped Riverbanks Zoo gorilla. On Tuesday, Mike Green, an employee with Lexington GOP consulting firm Starboard Communications apologized for an online joke about President Barack Obama taxing aspirin “because it’s white and it works.”

...And voting data show S.C. Republicans have a tougher time attracting black voters than do Republicans nationally.

“I think it makes a strain to invite African-Americans to the Republican Party,” said state Rep. Leon Howard, D-Richland. “This kind of behavior does not close that gap very much.”

Howard, former chairman of the State House Black Caucus, said he works well with Republicans often, but there are a handful of party members “that are completely out of control.”

...In total, the GOP fielded six black State House candidates. The party also elected York County’s Glenn McCall, a banking executive and veteran, as one of three black Republican national committeemen.

McCall said local efforts in York County, such as the county Republican Party sponsoring a basketball league, were having a positive impact.

See here.
Ranana_Medo

Racism Against Obama

Post by Ranana_Medo »

those who favored the children of Israel were favored by God. Those that chose to go against them went against God. If Obama continues to sell out the Jews were in more trouble than you can imagine.
Mark
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Ranana_Medo wrote:those who favored the children of Israel were favored by God. Those that chose to go against them went against God. If Obama continues to sell out the Jews were in more trouble than you can imagine. Mark
DAR
Good point Mark. God so loved the Jews didn't he? God's chosen people... and they did so well didn't they? Hey, quick question for ya:

When God led his chosen people out of Egypt their hope was to get to the promised land. Of these estimated 3 million people and their adult children, how many did he allow into the promised land?
(Num. 14:29-30)

a) 70,000 b) 144,000
c) 40,000 d) 2

Bonus question. If almighty Yahweh, the Canaanite storm god, cares so much about his "chosen people," the Jews, why did He let the Christian Hitler and his Christian Nazi's kill six million of them?

Good question.

D.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Ranana_Medo wrote:those who favored the children of Israel were favored by God. Those that chose to go against them went against God. If Obama continues to sell out the Jews were in more trouble than you can imagine.
Mark
DOUG
Evangelicals have this love/hate relationship with Jews in the modern era. On the one hand, they hate them because their ancestors killed Jesus (allegedly) and because they didn't back Christianity in the early days. And, evangelicals just plain don't like anyone who isn't a hardline evangelical.

On the other hand, God chose them, according to the Bible, and never rescinded that choice. But note how Ranana_Medo used the past tense. That says a lot.

The main reason that evangelicals support Israel is that the Jews represent the Judeo-Christian tradition, in the holy land, that the evangelicals agree with. So when the end times come (one day, one day...) the Christians would rather have the Jews presiding over the holy land instead of the Muslims.
Doug

Post by Doug »

"I'm just another racist Republican!"

See here.
ATWATER -- In the past several months Atwater City Councilman Gary Frago has sent at least a half-dozen e-mails to city staff and other prominent community members containing racist jokes aimed at President Barack Obama, his wife and black people in general.

In all, the Sun-Star obtained seven e-mails that Frago sent from October 2008 to February 2009 from an anonymous source.

Some compared Obama to O.J. Simpson while others suggested that "nigger rigs" should now be called "presidential solutions."

Perhaps the most overboard e-mail was sent on Jan. 15. It read: "Breaking News Playboy just offered Sarah Palin $1 million to pose nude in the January issue. Michelle Obama got the same offer from National Geographic."

{Doug writes: I have no idea what "nigger rigs" are, but it clearly racist nonetheless.}
Superstition Free

Post by Superstition Free »

A "nigger rig" is an improvised solution to a mechanical problem. I consider it a racist remark.
Doug

Post by Doug »

See here.

Apparently one of candidates for Chairmanship of the Young Republicans, 38 year-old Audra Shay, was involved in a facebook scandal of monumental proportions. In response to one of her "friends" named Eric on facebook who wrote

"Obama Bin Lauden [sic] is the new terrorist...Muslim is on there [side]...need to take this country back from all these mad coons...and illegals,"

Shay responded,

"You tell em Eric! lol."
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Superstition Free wrote:A "nigger rig" is an improvised solution to a mechanical problem. I consider it a racist remark.
Hey, It's not near as offensive as "Jerry rig"....well...if you happen to be named Jerry...I mean...ah hell I got nothin'...Whatta douche.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Superstition Free wrote:A "nigger rig" is an improvised solution to a mechanical problem. I consider it a racist remark.
It was later changed to the only slightly more politically correct "African American engineering" back in the late 80s/early 90s.

It's amazing to think how we all thought that was funny back then. And satisfying that most of us (on the mainstream left, anyway) have evolved past that kind of humor.
tmiller51

Post by tmiller51 »

I've noticed that using the put-down "that's gay" or some variation is beginning to become socially unacceptable on a lot of the Internet forums I frequent. That's changed just in the last year or so. If someone uses it now they tend to get "voted down", at least in the more civilized sites.

Tim
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

On Sunday night, Dr. David McKalip forwarded to fellow members of a Google listserv affiliated with the Tea Party movement the image below. Above it, he wrote: "Funny stuff."

Now, Tea Party activists trafficking in racist imagery are pretty much dog bites man. But McKalip isn't just some random winger. He's a Florida neurosurgeon, who serves as a member of the American Medical Association's House of Delegates.

article here
kwlyon

Post by kwlyon »

Actually, this picture is HILARIOUS! The level of historical and cultural ignorance that this image represents is absolutely breathtaking. I wish I could meet the individual responsible for its creation...I'm sure I would become incontinent with laughter as He/She would undoubtedly prove to be a walking cliche for the extremist right.
Doug

Post by Doug »

DOUG
And the Republicans are angry that Jimmy Carter accused many of them of being racists??

=============================

"He is now the second highest ranking Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which is a very important committee on the health care issue," Family Research Council head Tony Perkins introduced Congressman Roy Blunt (R-MO) before a crowd of roughly 2,000 at the Family Research Council Action's 2009 Values Voter Summit last Friday. Taking the podium, Blunt repaid the favor, enthusing, "I really appreciate Tony Perkins coming and introducing me himself. He is one of my great friends."

...Congressman Blunt then went on to tell an anecdote which suggested that life in Washington, for GOP members today, is comparable to the lot of imperial British agents in India who had to contend with monkeys running amok on a golf course that the colonial occupiers had carved out of the verdant Indian jungle. There was a problem, the Missouri Representative explained; monkeys would come out of the jungle, grab golf balls, and throw them about. Amidst swelling laughter from his audience Roy Blunt narrated,

"I could go into great and long detail about how many things they did to try and eliminate the 'monkey problem.' But they never got it done, so finally this golf course and this golf course only, they passed a rule and the rule was - you have to play the ball where the monkey throws it. [audience laughter swells] And that is the rule in Washington all the time."

It seemed like a direct window into the psyche of the revanchist wing of the GOP; politics is a golf game and unruly Democrat "monkeys" have swarmed out of the jungle to disrupt the play. Since it is impractical to "eliminate" the monkeys, accommodations will have to be made. Republicans will now "play the ball where the monkey throws it."

Blunt's anecdote was all the more risque' for Tony Perkins' past association with elements of the racist right. As described in journalist Max Blumenthal's new book Republican Gomorrah (2009, Nation Books), in 1996 while working as a GOP Senate race campaign manager Perkins paid $82,500 to buy a phone banking list from former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke. Then, in 2002, Perkins spoke at a fundraiser for the Louisiana chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens, a national white supremacist group. The CofCC "Statement of Principals" states that "We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called 'affirmative action' and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races."

Read more here.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

"Consider further the variety of overtly racist rhetoric that has plagued American politics since last year's election season. Haley Barbour's "right hand" speaking at a racist conference. Racist emails circulated by Republican staffers. Republicans demonstrating in Klan outfits. Republican mayors depicting the White House behind a watermelon patch. And a variety of campaign tactics which included mailings depicting Barack Obama's face surrounded by fried chicken and watermelon, posters and websites attempting to link Obama to bin Laden, the Republican vice-presidential candidate praising a racist writer, and more."

LINK
Doug

Post by Doug »

Republicans teach their kids early...
Doug

Post by Doug »

Racist? You be the judge.
==========================
Less than three weeks after CVS stores started selling the controversial Obama chia pets, the pharmacy chain is pulling them from its shelves.

In April, rival chain Walgreens stopped selling the Obama chias after complaints that the plants, which sprout a green chia afro as the President's hair, were racist.

Read more here.