Swift-Boating at the King Funeral

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Swift-Boating at the King Funeral

Post by Doug »

DOUG
The Republicans know no moral bounds. They have stooped to swift-boating the speakers at Coretta Scott King's funeral. Needless to say, this is disgusting on many levels.

Witness Snappy O'Beirne on Hardball:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/02/07.html#a7065
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Barbara Fitzpatrick

Repubs at CS King funeral

Post by Barbara Fitzpatrick »

Not surprising, is it? Nor was it surprising that the supposedly liberal NPR aired 15 secs of W speaking, noted that Jimmy Carter noted MLK and CSK had been the victims of illegal wiretaps, mentioned GHWB and Bill Clinton were there - and nothing else. In response to Bob Dole's old question of, "Where's the outrage?" - the general populace doesn't know there's anything to be outraged about.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

And of Course Fox has to Lie

Post by Doug »

Summary: Fox News' Special Report with Brit Hume showed an edited video clip of Rev. Joseph Lowery's remarks at Coretta Scott King's funeral, during which he mentioned the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Lowery's remarks were greeted with 23 seconds of applause and a standing ovation, but the clip Fox News aired presented nine seconds of applause and little hint of the standing ovation without noting that the clip had been doctored. After seeing the clip, Roll Call's Morton Kondracke concluded that the audience "wasn't exactly uproarious in its response" to Lowery.

DOUG
Read the details here:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200602090006

So they edit out most of the applause and then comment that there's hardly any applause.

I keep having to ask: Why do conservatives lie so much?
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

Welcome to FFForums, Barbara! Can I persuade you to register?
Doug wrote:I keep having to ask: Why do conservatives lie so much?
Because they've dumbed down the electorate enough to get away with it?
Besides, we don't call 'em "FAUX News" for nothing...
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

I read somewhere and can't find it now - but I did go to the linked article - that there was a LOT of dissent, boos and such, when GWB spoke at the funeral, but that the American media cut almost all of it out - there was an article in a European paper that described it more than any of the so-called "liberal" media here.