Bush: Take bin Laden attack threat seriously

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Savonarola
Mod@Large
antispam: human non-spammer
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 50

Post by Savonarola »

President rejects renewed criticism of warrantless spying program

The Associated Press wrote:After a tour of the National Security Agency, Bush said employees there who are secretly monitoring phone calls and Internet traffic are learning what terrorists are plotting against America. Bush said they are taking Osama bin Laden seriously when he says he’s going to attack again.

“When he says he’s going to hurt the American people again, or try to, he means it,” Bush told reporters after visiting the NSA, where the surveillance program is based. “I take it seriously, and the people of NSA take it seriously.”
Stolen from Doug, who wrote:George W. Bush on Osama bin Laden, Press Conference, March 13, 2002:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 313-8.html
"So I don't know where he [Osama] is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you."
"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." [emphasis added]
Could it be that Bush is lying to the American people again? Imagine my shock.

And to think the Republicans attacked Kerry for "flip-flopping." :roll:

Post by Guest »

Barbara Fitzgerald said this rather brilliant statement on NWAP (you know, that bastion of retarded neocon rantings):
When Karl Rove talks about Republicans seeing a post-9/11 world, he apparantly means a pre-1776 world. A major crime that had worse consequences than its planners ever dreamed of because SAC somehow wasn't available to shoot down the highjacked planes is absolutely no reason to overthrow the Constitution. At least you're now using the right term for the powermad - Republicans, not conservatives. Conservatives want the Constitution to remain in force. Funny how Democrats are now the conservatives - the Greens are the only liberals left - and the Republicans have gone so far into the reactionary camp as to support a "unitary executive".
I think we all agree.