Stop Republican Pedophilia

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Dardedar
Site Admin
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Stop Republican Pedophilia

Post by Dardedar »

Quite a list. I counted 55. Seems to be some connection between righteousness and hypocrisy....

http://www.armchairsubversive.com/

D.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

DAR
Oh, and I'm betting that Rove is toast (eventually).

Excerpt:
Just as the news broke Wednesday about Scottie the Underbear and Karl Rove, Fitzgerald met with the grand jury hearing evidence in the CIA leak case and introduced additional evidence against Rove, attorneys and other US officials close to the investigation said.

The grand jury session in federal court in Washington, DC, sources close to the case said, was the first time this year that Fitz told the jurors that he would soon present them with a list of criminal charges he intends to file against Rove in hopes of having them return a multi-count indictment against Rove.

Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, confirmed that Rove remains a "subject" of Fitzgerald's two-year-old probe.

"Mr. Rove is still a subject of the investigation," Luskin said. In a previous interview, Luskin asserted that Rove would not be indicted by Fitzgerald, but he was unwilling to make that prediction again Wednesday.

...snip...

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/042006Z.shtml
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Bush approval rating, state by state. Bush only has a positive approval rating in: Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nebraska.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006/06 ... USNet.html

D.
Barbara Fitzpatrick

Post by Barbara Fitzpatrick »

There has always been a strong corelation between righteousness and hypocrisy - and one of the few crimes I am totally happy about the death penalty for is parents (stepparents, adoptive parents, grandparents, etc) raping children.

Rove will eventually be toast, but the amount damage he's done will live, if not forever, then for a couple of generations at least.

Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nebraska will go down as soon as the rod-and-bullet set realizes what the Bush administration is doing/planning to do - and what global warming is doing - to their fishing and hunting places. That's in the process already of distancing the r&b's from the NRA and realigning them in the "don't-call-me-an-environmentalist" environmentalist camp.
Barbara Fitzpatrick
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I remember right after Bush was some how re-elected that he was thanking everyone on his campaign staff, that had sold America down the river, and he refered to Karl Rove as “the architect”. When I heard that all I could think of was Albert Spear. He was also an architect and a close advisor to Hitler. Some how after the war even though there seemed to be a lot of evidence to link him to the many atrocities that occurred in German during the war he escaped with his life and only received a 20 year sentence. The difference is that Spear just seemed to lack the intestinal fortitude to say “No”. Saying no to Hitler was very bad for long term health. People like Rove and Libby are just evil! They have a choice to walk away but they choose not to.

I just do not get what is going on in this country. To me it is so clear that this administration is evil and corrupt. I don’t like to use the word evil because it has the connotation that someone or group is trying to make the worst decisions on purpose for some personal agenda but I believe that is what is happening. I just hope that people are starting to wake up as is shown in the presidential approval ratings.

I am watching CNN Asia while I am writing this and has any thing been said about the meeting with President Hu (?) of China? The Bush administration introduced the President as “the President of the Republic of China”. The Republic of China is Taiwan not China proper! This is a major diplomatic screw-up and it could not have happen to a better group of people.
JamesH
"Knowledge will set you free, but freedom comes with responsibilities." I know that someone had to say that before me.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Here is the link to a news article about the wonderful diplomatic abilities of this administration.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060421/ap_ ... _s_visit_2
JamesH
"Knowledge will set you free, but freedom comes with responsibilities." I know that someone had to say that before me.
Barbara Fitzpatrick

Unfortunately, James, the bulk of American TV watchers are so ignorant of anything outside America (and a whole lot inside America) - and the owners of the MSM like it that way - that there has been no comment on Bush confusing Mainland China and Taiwan. (Or maybe they just blew it off as, "That's W".)

You are absolutely right that this administration is evil - they are truly and deliberately doing things that are bad for the nation, Americans in general, and, oh - incidentally - the rest of the world for their own personal agendas. I say agendas because we have 2 threads here. W is the leader of the End-Timers - pseudo Christians who have taken it upon themselves to start armegeddon to bring about the "2nd Coming" (somehow believing they will be "raptured" out of the tribulation they believe is supposed to follow). He and his group are why we are at war with Iraq and are edging toward war with Iran. Chaney is W's attack dog, and is really not the leader of anything, but he is aligned more with Rove's group. Rove is the head of the neo-cons. They are trying to create a totalitarian international corporate oligarchy (Mussolini writ global). Since fossil energy is the foundation of their power, they are happy to join with W's end-timers in Middle Eastern wars - but this group also makes noises about overt and covert takeovers in South America, and is the driving force behind attempts to sell out our national parks, monuments, and refuges to the oil, gas, and coal mining industries. The coalition of these two threads is how the Rs got in power, the mutuality of some of their goals made them seem unstoppable. However, the hope (light at the end of the tunnel, which may be sunlight - and may be another train) just reviving is that we are now reaching the point where these two agendas are diverging - the tower will come tumbling down. Whether or not we will be able to rebuild is another matter, of course, since they've bust the bank already.
Barbara Fitzpatrick
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Barbara Fitzpatrick wrote: ...they've bust the bank already.
DAR
Just a footnote to that comment... $174 billion was added to the national debt in just the first quarter of this year. 18% of government spending goes to pay INTEREST on the debt and obviously a large chunk of that payment is being made with borrowed money.

"When President Bush took office five years ago, the national debt was at $5.6 trillion; since then, big budget surpluses have collapsed into huge deficits, and the debt has shot up nearly 50 percent." --NPR

D.
Barbara Fitzpatrick

What's even scarier is that the difference between the debt in 2001 and the debt in 2006 is almost all foreign. Want to see a war with China so we don't have to pay back our debt? (Almost as good as privatizing Social Security so it can go down before the money Congress "borrowed" is due.) I mean, they're competing with us for oil - isn't that a solid neocon rationale for going to war (maybe not - they have nukes). I mean, my god, they have 10 times as many people as we do and use a whole third as much oil! We have to stop them! (Sarcasm, just in case I'm not being clear here.)
Barbara Fitzpatrick