Bush Hears the Voices

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
Doug
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Bush Hears the Voices

Post by Doug »

"I hear the voices and I read the front page and I know the speculation but I'm the decider and I decide what is best and what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of defense."

-Bush on Rummy, yesterday.

You can see the video of it here.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Barbara Fitzpatrick

Post by Barbara Fitzpatrick »

W's always heard voices - and he's always done whatever he wanted to do, no matter how many people got hurt along the way.
Barbara Fitzpatrick
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Last edited by Dardedar on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbara Fitzpatrick

That's scarily accurate - but it's been since Bush was a kid, throwing temper tantrums to get his own way with Mom and Poppy, that Dell comics cost 12 cents.
Barbara Fitzpatrick
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Is "decider" even a word? Decision maker perhaps. And if I heard voices I would not be telling any one. There are only two kinds of people that I know that hear voices (1) crazy people and (2) recreational drug users.

Think about it.
JamesH
"Knowledge will set you free, but freedom comes with responsibilities." I know that someone had to say that before me.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

<making a note to myself to not mention the voices I hear>
Last edited by Betsy on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Nice little anti-Bush rant:

Forrest Gump's Evil Twin

How extraordinary. Something is happening here that has never happened in America's history. A consensus is sweeping the nation. Not that the war in Iraq is wrong, or that oil companies are screwing us blue, or that the climate is going to hell, or that good-paying jobs are being replaced by low-paying jobs, or that our national health care system is a disgrace, or that that the rich are getting a lot richer while the middle class gets poorer.

While all that's true, and more and more folks are getting it, that's not the consensus of which I speak. Nope. This one is bigger, enormous, huge!

Here it is: The president of the United States is a moron.

Yes, stupid, dumb as common road gravel. And not figuratively, but literally. George W. Bush, president of the world's last remaining superpower, is a moron. Forrest Gump's evil twin.

I broached this possibility one year ago in a post entitled, "Bush: The Worst President Ever?" I was a bit early with that one. But what a difference a year makes! The cover story of this week's Rolling Stone Magazine reads, "The Worst President in History?"

So the jury is in: Bush is a moron. If stupid is as stupid does, he's stupid. A botched war on terror, exploding debt, his "what me worry" response to Katrina -- and the ongoing mismanagement of the recovery, North Korea has the bomb and Iran is on its way to its own nuke. Think about that for a second because it is definitive proof Bush is a moron. First he identifies three nations as his "Axis of Evil" in the world: North Korea, Iran and Iraq. Then he as a chance to whack one of the three, and he picks the only one that had no WMD. The only way he could look worse is if it were only two countries -- a coin flip -- and he still got it wrong.

Yes, Virginia, the current occupant of the Oval Office is no longer a crook or an adulterer. He's a moron.

...snip...

Jimmy Carter could teach Junior the actual meaning of the word "compassionate," and how to walk that walk. Carter could reveal to him that giving the already comfortably rich even more money is not compassion. Giving more money to the growing number of those who work 60 hours a week or more, and still can't get by, is "compassion." And he could figure out how to cover the nearly 50 million Americans who cannot afford health insurance.

But none of that is likely to happen. One of the trademarks of a moron is contempt for facts that challenge the simple but comfortable fictions that rule their daily routines. You can drag a moron to a library, but you can't force him to learn.

In fact morons get downright testy when someone challenges what they think they know. We saw this trait earlier this week when Bush was asked if he thought Don Rumsfeld should resign. The moron lashed out at the questioner, dashed into his imaginary phone booth and emerged as The Decider. "I'm the decider," he pronounced, with Mussolini-like swagger. You see, scratch a moron and beneath that smirking, ignorance-is-bliss exterior, you discover a fundamental truth: Beauty may be only skin deep, but moron goes right to the bone.

I'm staying close to home until this guy is gone. Keeping my head down, my nose clean, and watching what I say in emails for friends. And I have a piece of advice for the Iranians too -- this guy really is crazy enough to "decide" that bombing the shit out you is a good idea. Yes, Bush is exactly as stupid as he looks, sounds and acts.

Doubt that at your peril. Fifty-one percent of American voters doubted it. And now we're screwed.
----------

Stephen Pizzo is the author of numerous books, including "Inside Job: The Looting of America's Savings and Loans," which was nominated for a Pulitzer.

http://www.alternet.org/story/35238/
Maybe Bush needs to do some shopping here:
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

DAR
New PINK song, with these video images, rips Bush a new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FF0cS9s6Aw
Barbara Fitzpatrick

As long as people keep believing that Bush is a moron (making mistakes because his decisions are based on fantasy) rather than evil (making deliberate decisions to bring about war and chaos, famine, plague, and death), they will never keep his program from being implemented or even do damage control on what parts of it has already been implemented.
Barbara Fitzpatrick
Dardedar
Site Admin

Post by Dardedar »

Barbara Fitzpatrick

If only he'll take the ultra extreme right wing of the Republican Party down with him. Then we can move the center back to the middle and maybe get some work done. We have a lot of it to do - balance the budget and reduce the debt while putting sustainably-grown chicken (beef, vegetables, etc.) on every table, home-grown "green" energy replacing endangering foreign fossil fuels, bring the "boots on the ground" home and rebuild the National Guard while axing "cold war" military pork - those and many other projects of like nature would address the global warming issue at the same time. None of it's going to happen while the neocons have control of the Republican Party.
Barbara Fitzpatrick