Ask the Far Right: Don't Big Wars make Big Government?

Discussing all things political in NW Arkansas and beyond.
omni_protester
Designate the number of cents in half a dollar: 0

Ask the Far Right: Don't Big Wars make Big Government?

Post by omni_protester »

I recommend that if you oppose the US policy war and occupation in Iraq and elsewhere that you should try talking making the case to those that worry about big intrusive governments that the current Bush regime's massive ballooning federal debt is largely due to spending on the war and that it is unfairly burdening future generations with debt to foreign creditors. It has worked somewhat with my conservative coworker. There must be lots of good quotes on the Internet from the US "founding fathers" and other thinkers.
The National Priorities Project (NPP) keeps a running total of the U.S. taxpayer cost of the Iraq War based on Congressional appropriations at the following address.
http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php ... Itemid=182
Please visit my website http://bringhometroops.org/ and give me some feedback on the content and layout, etc at omniprotest@yahoo.com.
Doug

Re: Ask the Far Right: Don't Big Wars make Big Government?

Post by Doug »

omni_protester wrote:I recommend that if you oppose the US policy war and occupation in Iraq and elsewhere that you should try talking making the case to those that worry about big intrusive governments that the current Bush regime's massive ballooning federal debt is largely due to spending on the war and that it is unfairly burdening future generations with debt to foreign creditors.
DOUG
Those who worry about intrusive government may also worry about how the Pentagon admitted that it was spying on about 148 antiwar organizations, and at least 48 individuals, but they said it was an accident and promised to destroy those files.

Also, Alberto Gonzalez stated to Congress that the government has the right to spy on 100% domestic communication, not just overseas calls to and from alleged terrorists.
"We could have done something important Max. We could have fought child abuse or Republicans!" --Oona Hart (played by Victoria Foyt), in the 1995 movie "Last Summer in the Hamptons."
Hogeye

Post by Hogeye »

Might I recommend "War is the Health of the State" by Randolph Bourne? Also, "Just War" by Murray N. Rothbard.
"May the the last king be strangled in the guts of the last priest." - Diderot
With every drop of my blood I hate and execrate every form of tyranny, every form of slavery. I hate dictation. I love liberty. - Ingersoll